The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crisis creates opportunity....

Before we talk about the "crisis" let's do a review thru pictures, shall we?

EL loves going to Biltmore Park to walk around. So one day...about a month ago I guess, we met Robbie and Kim there and took them to Yaya's for yogurt. It was very good! I can't wait to go again.

Another day, EL, Molly & Robbie painted pumpkins.

That same night, Shawn, April, Abigail, Damion & I went to Red Lobster for dinner. EL spent the night with Molly and Madison...well, I can't remember where she was but she's never home it seems like.

October 23rd, Reagan had her very first birthday! Her party was at Inflation Station and there were a million kids there. Damion came...


One Saturday, after a football game, Cindy, Randy & I took Brody and EL to French Fryz for lunch. I think they could eat there everyday.

Halloween - our traditional thing is to go Trick or Treating in Cindy & Randy's neighborhood. So that's what we did! Brody was such a good sport this year. He has been in the past as well - one year he and EL were Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical. EL said next year she wants them to be Mr & Mrs Potato Head - I'm sure that will probably change but this year - they're Barbie & Ken. How cute, right?

and here they all are - Madison as...um, a barbie..we think; Bayley as a nerd. They had a good time!

On a Tuesday night, we had the end of year banquet thing for Pop Warner. Here's EL and Bayley.

And then...time for Madison's birthday celebration! This year Damion decided we would take her and 2 of her friends to Grove Park for dinner. Guess who she chose? Bayley & Cameron - which is only how it should've been anyway. They've only been friends since Kindergarten. Before dinner we went to the mall and bought her some clothes. Then after dinner they wanted to go see Breaking Dawn so we dropped them off at the movie theater.


The next day, lunch at Papas & Beer :)

They were exhausted..and decided to all pile up on Bayley. She didn't care. She was half asleep herself.

So yesterday was Madison's 14th birthday. Can you believe it? I truly can not. Since we celebrated over the weekend, I decided to have mom and dad, Brett, Sarah and the girls over for pizza and salad last night. Here's a couple pictures.

Riley made Madison a card with her very own hands. I love that child. She reminds me of Madison SO SO much. I wish Sarah could've seen Madison at that age so she could see it too.

Okay, so that's just about it...ya'll ready for the big news?

Look familiar?
So this is pretty easy for me to talk about now...'cause I'm pretty much over it. I've looked at all the different sides to it and have decided it's the best thing that could've happened at the time. So...On Time Construction & Remodeling, Inc. is officially over. Damion has had another job now since October 31st and the best thing is? HE GETS A PAYCHECK. He actually gets paid for his TIME instead of having to chase people down for money and then using that money to pay his employees, overhead, whatever. I'm glad. He's sad, disappointed, feels rejected, defeated..all that. And I was pretty upset for a week or so too at first. On Time was his creation. Something he had put all his blood, sweat and tears into. The economy just made it impossible for him. So I'm glad it's all over. I think he is too. Timing is everything.

Happy Thanksgiving! We have SO much to be thankful for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment