The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, December 16, 2011

9 days until Christmas

and there's SO MUCH to be done.

Sometimes, I just wanna be left alone. I don't want to talk to anyone, do anything, go anywhere. I just wanna be. I usually get like that when I'm sad, disappointed, tired. As I get older, I've realized that it's harder to make friends, nevermind try to keep them. The trying part is the part I suck at. I just don't have enough time and I can't MAKE time, it's impossible.

So I guess it's official that On Time is over. Court was Wednesday. Such a weird experience. SO many people there filing bankruptcy. Since we were a corporation, we were last for the morning session so we witnessed everyone else's junk. There is no confidentiality to it at all. I'm just so used to everything being HIPAA compliant that I was shocked at how open everything was. Glad it's "over". Not technically over until February 16...let's hope everything goes as it should.

Here's my review in pictures -

Emma-Leigh had a performance at school last week. Not a Christmas performance, mainly just about North Carolina. In this picture, they are singing Carolina in my Mind and aren't actually singing, but doing sign language. This was a surprise to me only because she had been singing it around the house FOR DAYS ON END. We even had a cd of it in the car. The significance of the sign language was actually because she has a friend in her class that is deaf. So seeing them sign the song, and Natalia looking all around her watching her classmates sign with her was actually kinda heartwrenching. I loved it!


Last Friday night was the Santa/snack/craft thing at dad's work. Raflatac does such a good job with it, it's actually pretty impressive. All the kids get snacks, do crafts and then wait their turn to see Santa. Afterwards, they get to pick a gift. The gifts are great. Emma-Leigh chose a Barbie, Riley a Rapunzel barbie and Reagan a glow worm. Madison was too old for this and went out to dinner with Bayley instead....


Damion has been working A LOT at Nypro. I am not complaining. I am used to this so it doesn't bother me at all. I like the 40 hours of overtime he recieves on his check, especially this time of year. It's just kind of funny though that he's working just as much. Just goes to show you that he really is a workaholic.

We had dinner at mom and dad's twice this week. One night I got to see this sweet little thing in her ballet outfit. I love this child.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of work but isn't it so much better KNOWING he gets a check!

    ReplyDelete