The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, January 19, 2015

Random thoughts

I've had a lot on my mind lately, with no real outlet  -  or desire to let it out, I guess... so this will be random, flowing thoughts, it probably won't make sense and I do not care.



Finally remembered to bring a different coffee mug to work today. It was the only reminder, and now it's gone.

Damion leaves for Switzerland and then Austria in 2 days, for 10 days.

American Sniper might be the best movie I've ever seen. You could've heard a pin drop in the theater when it was over. No one said a word.

This Is Where I Leave You is the worst movie I've ever seen. Had to make myself watch it.

It's okay to say no. Tell people the truth, they would rather be hurt by that than lied to.

I'm too old for drama, of any kind. Let our children have their own friendships, their own arguments, and remain neutral. It's too messy and deep otherwise.

Words hurt. I try my best to ignore them. I know the truth and that is all that matters.

I miss my sister.

People do, and will, hurt you on purpose. My skin is thickening.

Trust no one.

Memories fade.

I'm getting SO good at Pinterest dinner recipes. I'm actually pretty proud of myself.

Sometimes I wish I had more than one CLOSE friend. Sometimes.

I'm reading more. Watching less TV.

It is true that bad things happen to good people.

It takes life changing moments to change you as a person. As silly as it sounds, Madison's broken arm changed me and of course my grandmother dying had an effect.

Life is too short to be frustrated, sad, and disappointed all the time.

You can't make anybody be your friend. And why would you even want to try?





3 comments:

  1. Actually love the randomness! It is surprising which things changes us for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot going on in that brain!! I wish I was there everyday to talk to you....I miss that more than you know!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm ur ONE close friend...wait..that was me right?? Hehe..love u sweetcheeks...

    ReplyDelete