On my mind today -
Marriage Equality.
It's been quite the discussion this week. Everyone wanting to put in their 2 cents on what's right and what's wrong. What the Bible says, yada yada yada. Here's the thing: leave people alone. If you are not at all effected by their choices (which you definitely should not be) STAY OUT OF IT. Let those people decide what is right for THEM and YOU decide what is right for YOU. I've decided that until a person is actually caught, for lack of a better word, doing something that is "wrong" then they'll have a very strong opinion about what is right and what is wrong. Because I guess they think they're perfect....
Dig deep for a minute. Think. Openly. Have you always done the "right" thing? Have you broken one of the 10 Commandments? It's no secret that I have, and guess what that did? Changed my life. No one knows what a person is dealing with inside their soul. Until you walk in their shoes, get off your high horse. They'll be "judged" later, if that's what happens (WE REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN, YA'LL) and you have absolutely NO say in the matter. You don't count. So instead of worrying about who is marrying who, focus on yourself, keep an open mind, what counts is that people are happy living the life that THEY chose for THEMSELVES. You make choices about your own life. And I'm a Christian, by the way, and believe in the Bible. (Just in case anyone decides to go there.)
Side note: People will always have something to say about what you do with your life. who cares? I am most certain someone has thought of me as less of a person for what I did. But here's a little secret for you: I don't care. I'm the person I am today because of the junk I did. Not proud of it but I am SO proud of where I am today :)
Moving on......
4th of July weekend.
I can't freaking wait. Days at the lake with my family are some of the best memories ever made.
I ❤️ You!
ReplyDeletePreach it sista!
ReplyDelete