The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1 week until I'm 32....


I can't believe I'm almost 32. I'm getting old. We're all getting old. It's so very sad. Time goes by so fast. You don't realize it until you get older. I have been a little slack on my blog here lately. I was reprimanded yesterday by a dedicated reader so sorry to everyone I have let down.
So much has been going on this summer that I have gotten a little side tracked and almost even forgot my login and password to this thing! I do enjoy it though so I will try to do better :)
SO, the remodel is almost done. Thru my eyes anyway, I am sure there are many things that need to be done that only my contractor husband can see but I am assuring myself we are almost done. The furniture comes today! Madison's room was completed on Sunday morning (except for window treatments). She and Emma-Leigh had gone to the lake with mom and dad for the weekend and when they got home and walked in the bedroom, they both absolutely loved it. Then, Emma-Leigh walked in her room to see what had been done there - big mistake! Her room was exactly the same. We still haven't even fully decided on a bed for her. She was heart broken - but only for a little bit. It was her birthday party day and she quickly got over it and focused on her pool party and presents! We had beautiful weather on Sunday. Her party was from 2 - 4 and it was blue sky and burning up hot. It did however rain around 5 or so but we were long gone and thankful for the great weather! We had cake, brownies, chips and fruit. A very nice time for all! After the party, we had to go clean FPS and then we had dinner with mom, dad and Shawn at Bay Breeze!
Cheerleading camp started last night for both the girls. Madison was very excited to get back into it. Emma-Leigh on the other hand cried her eyes out. I don't know what her problem was, she was scared,nervous - I don't know. I quickly got her to where she needed to be with another mom/coach comforting her and took off! When I came to pick them up, I had to beg her to come. I think today she will go with no problem.
Madison spent the night with Cameron last night after practice. She said she did not want to sleep on the floor last night and was staying with Cameron instead. (We were taking turns sleeping on the bunk bed mattress in her floor until our bed got here - for some reason, I had 2 turns and Damion had 0.) Hopefully today will be a good day, all our furniture will get here in one piece and tonight we can sleep in our own bed and get things cleaned up. Maybe by the weekend we will be ready for company! Although now that I think about it, we have no sheets for our bed....uh-oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment