The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Home today.....


Today I am at home with Emma-Leigh. She has been running a fever and has had a really bad cough for the past 2 days. I took her to the doctor yesterday and they said she has H1N1 (aka swine flu). She is feeling a little better now and is playing with legos in her room. I am going to try to use this time to update my blog. I promised I would get better about keeping it updated but I have failed. So much has happened since I last wrote.


On October 31st, Tiffany's really good friend, Cassie Rutledge passed away. She had diabetes and was on an insulin pump. Still not exactly sure what happened except that she was gone too soon. This has been extremely hard on Tiff. For her birthday, mom and dad bought her Cassie's bicycle. She hasn't gotten it yet but they will give it to her when she comes here for Christmas. I think she will really love it. Also, Carroll's son, Benny is very sick. He went home this past Saturday from The Oaks and Hospice will be taking over. He has had esophagus cancer for 2 years and now it has spread throughout his entire body. He will be heading home to the mansion in the sky and will be with his dad. Crazy how things happen. There's a reason for everything.


Madison's birthday was fun. She had just been diagnosed with H1N1 the week before and still wasn't feeling 100% but we carried on with the festivities anyway. On the Friday night before her birthday, she and a group of her friends went skating. Then on Saturday, that same group of girls went horseback riding. It was alot of fun! After that we went to lunch at French Fryz then headed to the Awards Ceremony for cheerleading. Her friends spent the night but I think it was too much for her. She was still not feeling well and ended up falling asleep by herself before all her friends did. On Sunday she was feeling better though and all the family went to dinner at PF Chang's. It was her first time eating there.


Thanksgiving was fun too. We had lunch at mom and dad's and then had dinner at Damion's parents.


Madison is at the Health Adventure today learning about the topic we most often avoid. I'm not ready for her to grow up. Thursday she will leave for Earthshine and the weather forecast is looking pretty good. No rain on those days so hopefully it will stay that way. Emma-Leigh's Holiday performance is Thursday night. I am eager to watch her sing and perform! Christmas is right around the corner and so far I have just 1 present bought. Riley's. That is probably the easiest one to buy for too. Oh well. It will get done. My Christmas party for work is this Friday. Hopefully there will be a nice bonus given out on that day although from the hints Dr. Travis has been dropping it doesn't look good. Oh well. Merry Christmas everyone! I won't promise an update before then but I will t r y :)

No comments:

Post a Comment