The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!








okay, can I say again that time goes by way too fast? I wish I had the time to update everyday. My kids say the darndest things and so much happens in just one day it is hard to sit down and recap it all. Christmas was a blast. Tiff and Todd came the weekend before and we had an incredible snow storm. They were traveling into town on Friday but had to stop in Hickory and start again the next morning. They made it safe and sound but it was a mess.
Christmas Eve was spent with Damion's family at Brandon and Alejandra's new home. It is way out in Hendersonville but lovely and spacious. We had dinner and spent some time relaxing. It was very enjoyable! Then the next morning, Santa had come! (surprise! I was convinced the girls were getting coal this year) We had a great day hanging around at home. It was somewhat of a white Christmas, the snow from the previous week was still lingering (it was about 12 inches). That night, we went to mom and dad's and had Christmas with dad's family, then after they left we exchanged gifts with Brett, Sarah & Riley. I was lucky enough to be off the whole week of Christmas and it was SO nice. I enjoyed every minute of it and wished for one more week off when it was time to go back to work. No such luck :( the girls enjoyed being at home. I swear they are such homebodies!
So now it is the New Year! Madison spent New Year's Eve at a party that her friend, Briana was having at her house and Damion and Emma-Leigh were asleep before 9. I tried very hard to stay up until 12am but just didn't make it! I am getting so old! So now we are back into the routine. School has been on a 2-hour delay this week, except for today and snow is in the forcast for tonight. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment