The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm SO not ready.


I am reminded on a daily basis just how many days there are until Christmas thanks to this little nifty chalkboard that Emma-Leigh is faithfully changing...and how I am SO not ready!! Damion and I have made a pretty good dent in our shopping for the girls but we are far from being done and are running out of time - FAST! Our days have been pretty busy and I have gotten behind on my blogging so I will try to catch up as briefly as possible now.

Saturday night was Madison & Amelia's big birthday party. But before that, we had a cake to make - not really WE but Kristi and Madison. Here are a few pictures...


Even Ethan, Aiden and Emma-Leigh got in on the action!

Friday night was my office Christmas party. I always enjoy those. Damion and I always have a great time - we laugh a lot and I love to see/hear Damion laugh :) unfortunately, I have no pictures to share :(

Saturday was THE DAY. First we headed to the Fletcher Christmas Parade. Tiff and her family were here for the weekend and I enjoyed that very much.

Then after the parade we headed to Wild Wings for lunch. Here's Tiff and EL being goofy.

Saturday was just a whirlwind! After lunch we went to get Amelia and Laura and were off to Wal-Mart to get food for the party. It was a crazy afternoon but it ended up going great. I am pretty sure all of Madison's friends had a blast.

The guy in the orange? That's Garrett - the new boyfriend.

EL & Damion taking a break from the dance floor. EL really did dance the night away. She had such a great time!

Of course Riley had to get in on the action too!

Jaidyn boogied down with EL.
And Tiff took lots of pictures!


Dad and Damion escaped from all the madness and went to play racquetball!

Sunday was our family Christmas with Tiff, Todd, Jaidyn & Ayla. We decided to do brunch this year which was lovely! I thoroughly enjoyed it. We also were surprised with a lovely snow storm Saturday night into Sunday. We got about 3 inches which made driving treacherous but it didn't stop us from heading over to mom's for brunch! It was delicious! Biscuits and gravy, fruit, bacon, eggs, a breakfast casserole, muffins = YUM!

Then we opened presents! This year Tiff, Brett and I decided not to exchange gifts with each other. The economy this year has not been great and it is time to turn this over to our kids. We focus more on birthdays during the year and this has been a lot less stressful and enjoyable. The girls had a fun time!

There was no school on Monday or Tuesday this week. Emma-Leigh came to work with me on Monday and yesterday she hung out with Sarah. Madison was with Bayley on Monday and spent yesterday morning at home alone until I brought the dogs home from the groomers - then I took her to Sarah's. I made a cake last night for Madison's cheerleading squad. YES, I made a cake. Are you surprised? Isn't it lovely?

Tonight Damion and I will go Christmas shopping. I love shopping with him. I really do. He likes to shop! More wintry weather coming in tonight supposedly. We will see!

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks great! Did the girls help you? They are great little bakers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the cake! We started doing a "Chinese Gift Exchange" at my mamaws. We all buy a $20-30 gift and we draw numbers, steal gifts all that stuff. It was just to hard to buy for everyone there. We buy for Mamaw and she buys but that is it.

    ReplyDelete