"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Monday, November 19, 2012
Not creative enough for a title...
So....I'm in a funk. Seems like every time I get in a funk, I blog. So at least something good comes from it.
I feel like I've posted these pictures either on Facebook or Instagram already so, sorry for those that have already seen them.
Halloween was different this year. Madison had cheerleading practice :( so neither she or Bayley went trick or treating with us :( We started out at Baabal's for ice cream with EL and Brody!
They had a lot of fun, even without their sisters!
EL went to her first concert on November 3rd. Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes! VIP passes thanks to her BFF, Riley (her mom's boyfriend works for Kiss Country).
She looks scared to death, right? She said it was "freaky".
EL said Carrie is tiny and SO pretty!
The following weekend, EL was able to go to Pinehurst to visit Tiff and her family and to watch Ayla compete in a beauty pageant. I absolutely LOVE this picture of her and Lio.
If this post seems mainly about Emma-Leigh it's because all Madison does anymore is go to cheer practice and sleep. And that girl can sleep, let me tell ya!
She was elected captain of the cheer squad again. This time for the basketball season, which really surprised me. I honestly didn't think they would let her do it again. Ashley is captain with her this time. They are both very excited to get to do it together!
Emma-Leigh was also in her school's first play. They did Annie Jr and it was awesome! My girl can sing, and I didn't even know it. Unfortunately, the school signed a contract with the Annie Jr people and we weren't able to take any pictures of them in costume or do any video recording. That was very disappointing. But she did amazing! I was so very proud of her! Here is a picture of she and Riley after the 2nd night (there was a total of 5 showings).
So the reason for my funk? I started thinking last night about how I'm not really a thinker. I don't think deeply, about anything. I am extremely good at blocking things out, just continuing on with my daily routine. Last night I started thinking. Just about things going on in my own life, just life in general, and what the future might hold. Today I'm in the block out, shut down phase so I won't list specifics - but it's got me thinking. And I don't like to think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I swear thinking can be our worst enemy.. so I don't think.. I laugh at everything.. hope things are getting better for ya.. i'm jealous tho.. I wanna meet Carrie Underwood :-/
ReplyDelete