The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, February 29, 2016

Moving on.

I have a lot to say but not sure how to put it. First, let's catch up.

EL tried out for the VSMS soccer team but didn't make it. She hasn't played soccer since she was 8 years old but I am SUPER PROUD that she tried out. She texted me the day the team was posted and said "Mom, I don't want to stop playing soccer" talk about heart breaking. I signed her up for ABYSA that day. Now I'm a soccer mom....not even sure how to handle that.

Madison has been accepted into the University of Tennessee and is on the waiting list at Clemson. Still no word yet from NC State. Clemson does not allow students that are on the waiting list to try out for cheerleading. So that sucks. She really does not want to go to UT. She is interested in trying out for the cheer team at NC State, IF she gets in or gets put on the waiting list, the plan is for her to try out. We should know more about that in a few weeks. If she does not get in to NC State, the plan is to pay the deposit for UT and cross our fingers and toes that Clemson will accept her come mid-May. So stressful! Did you see the video of her competition this past weekend? SO PROUD OF HER! 2 days before competition the main flyer got hurt and Madison had to step in. She pulled it off (with the support of her amazing team) and they came in first place. Now it's on to nationals in Virginia Beach next weekend. They are such a great team, great friends, coached by an amazing woman who pours her heart and soul into them every single day and it shows!

Damion has a new job. He is now an engineer at Continental. It's a good one. But one that will require him to be in Prague and Germany for the entire month of April. He will miss 2 fishing tournaments that he is SO mad about! But he will also miss prom. Madison is very upset about it. I told her we will FaceTime him but she wants him there for pictures :( The truth is, there is no good time for him to be gone. It is inevitable that he will miss something important no matter when he goes. I'm not sure how I'll make it without him for an entire month. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

So back to that first sentence....I think the best way to react is to not react at all. I think I'm a bit relieved by it all anyway.

Happy Monday ya'll!




3 comments:

  1. That blows that he will miss prom. I'm not sure which is worse UT or Clemson but I hope she gets into Clemson cuz I know how bad she wants to go there. Don't ask me to wear orange though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make it! You are amazing. Whichever school she goes to will be great. They are all good schools and good programs. It will all work out as its meant to be. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super proud of both girls. Hate Damion will be gone a month and miss prom. Still don't understand how someone with a 4.75 GPA can get waitlisted- they better accept her... Fast.

    ReplyDelete