The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, November 29, 2010

Bah Humbug!

I really should blog on the weekends. There's always so much to catch up on...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Thursday morning was a lazy morning for us. We went over to Vickie and Donald's at 1pm for lunch - I contributed with a broccoli casserole (some say it is the only thing I know how to make). Brandon is still in Switzerland so he wasn't able to be there with us but the kids did skype him while we were there and that was fun. Vickie and Donald had gotten a cocunut cake for Madison for her birthday and that was a nice surprise for her.



At 6:30pm we went over to mom and dad's for dinner and stuffed our faces even more. It was definitely a good "food" and family day.

Friday Emma-Leigh had a play date at her friend, Noelle's house. They went to see the movie Tangled and then went back to her house to play for awhile. Later I got a phone call asking if Noelle could spend the night at our house so I went and picked them both up and brought them home. They had a fun time together! Madison spent the night with Cameron Friday night and Saturday morning they went to their friend, David's bar mitzvah. That lasted all day - until 11pm so she spent the night with Cameron again Saturday night. Also on Friday night, Andrea came over and hung out at the house for a little while. She was in town for the week and it was nice to just chat about whatever we wanted to, uninterrupted, without the kids around. On Saturday, I had AT & T U-Verse installed - and cancelled my service wtih Directv. That took the entire day on Saturday. I am happy with the switch though - I just hope it really is cheaper than directv. We will see... Sunday EL woke up with a terrible croupy cough and just felt really bad. Damion left for the office before 8am so I decided since EL looked and felt so terrible we would just stay home from church. I ventured out to get Madison around 2pm (Damion was home by then) and then she and I went to the grocery store. Actually, I went to the grocery store while she sat in the car. Works for me! I hate going to the grocery store - absolutely despise it. Food costs so much and do I need to even mention the fact that we are broke? It has got to get better. We had a special delivery on the porch last night when we got home. Madison went to let the dogs out and said "Mom, I think April came by." It was kinda funny because I knew that April had come by, but I didn't even have to tell Madison. She knew what 2 CVS bags meant. April has been so very kind with helping me out with things we need - she's my coupon Queen hero and I strive to be like her but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. I don't even have any extra cash to get what I need much less get good deals based on coupon cutting and what's on sale. UgH. See why my title is Bah Humbug? I know, I know - I have a lot to be thankful for but here lately it's one step forward, 2 steps back and it is just really frustrating.

I should mention that Friday night, when Madison spent the night with Cameron, they went to the football game at Reynolds. After the game, Madison sent me a text message saying "Guess what?" My stomach fell to the floor. I did not want to guess what she was about to tell me. You see, on Wednesday, while I was at work, she evidently got married because she had changed her name on Facebook to "Madison Paige Moffitt". Have you had time to guess what happened at the game? Ugh. She had her first kiss. No, not a french kiss (which I later learned is now called a makeout session"). Just a really quick pop kiss. I don't know much about this boy just yet. I just hope he doesn't break her heart. Here's a picture of him...

I haven't told Damion. I was thrilled that she even told me so I thought it was best to keep it to myself for a little while. I want her to be able to trust me down the road and the truth is, I don't know what he would do! In his eyes, she's still his little girl.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that the first basketball game was last Monday - on Madison's actual birthday...anyway, here's a picture from that day.


So it is almost December and I have just 1 Christmas present bought so far. It seems like everybody is shopping and I'm just chillin' - not even really stressed out about getting just the right gift in time. I'm just praying that we can get our kids what they want - not that they need anything. I don't want to listen to any Christmas music - at all. I turn the channel everytime. I'm trying to get over it. I don't like to complain. Why not just do something about it, right? I just don't know what to do. It's all in God's inbox now - which is getting kinda full...things happen for a reason and I'm never one to question but now I'm rethinking all that - WHY?

3 comments:

  1. OMG... first kiss.... I SO do not look forward to the day Riley calls to tell me that... but I only hope she loves/trust/cares about me enough to tell me. I certainly did NOT tell my parents when i had my first kiss. And a makeout session? Seriously... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "makeout session" all for one kiss? My how times change. It is good that she knows she CAN talk to you about anything. That is SO important. We always knew growing up that we could talk to mom about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Serenity - a "makeout session" is a french kiss ;) I'll die the day she tells me she had a makeout session. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete