The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In an effort to...

not complain. I will blog about my weekend...

Friday night was a bit uneventful. Madison went to see Roberson get drilled by Reynolds and I ran to the grocery store...ALONE. I vowed to never take the girls again the other day and I stuck to it! Madison ended up spending the night with Cameron and Damion, EL and I went to bed early. We were all so tired!

Saturday morning I was up early and started cleaning. Kristi and the boys came over that afternoon and we headed for lunch at Papas & Beer :) then did a little shopping at Wal-Mart and then Target. It was dark by the time we got home but with a few (okay a lot of) tears, Ethan and Aidan were able to hang out for a little while and jump on the trampoline :) they were all smiles! Cameron spent the night with Madison - I had rented a movie for the 3 of us to watch. Winter's Bone. I thought it would be good - the previews made it look great. It was terrible. Total fail.

Sunday I was up early again to finish typing some reports for work and then to get ready to go to the airport to send Brett off to Prague. Only problem was, I didn't get to. I really thought that if I got there at least an hour before take off that it would be fine. Only it wasn't early enough. I was heartbroken. The girls knew I was upset. It was the ONLY thing I had wanted to do on Sunday. As tears were coming down my face, EL asked if I was crying. All I could say was - "one day you will appreciate the love you have for your brother and sister."

Sunday afternoon the girls and I headed over to Kristi's house for food and football! I picked up pizza on the way and took some chips and salsa. She made chili cheese dip and chocolate/oatmeal cookies :) It was fun. I kinda screwed up and brought pepperoni pizza with me - only to be reminded that they are vegetarian. I'm such an idiot. I completely forgot! After the Bucs vs. Panthers game we took an excursion to Goodwill. My first trip. It was quite an experience! There's all kinds of junk at Goodwill. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything.

It turns out Damion was home about 10 minutes after I left on Sunday afternoon. I had no idea he would be done working and home that early. Normally he would work until dark, sometimes later. It seems he's only happy when he's working anyway. Okay so "happy" may not be the correct word for it. I guess when he's working he thinks he's making a difference and when he isn't working, he's not making a difference? Does that even make sense? Anyway, he was in a very bad mood when we returned Sunday evening. In fact, I haven't really talked to him much since then at all. Not that we are mad at each other but when he comes home, he eats dinner (in the bedroom) and then goes to sleep. There is no family time. It's like we have 2 separate lives. Uh oh, I wasn't supposed to complain. See? I just can't help it. That is why I haven't blogged in a few days. I feel like a broken record...

Happy Birthday to my dad!!! Today is his birthday - or was it yesterday? haha. For years we had always thought (and celebrated) his bday on November 15th. A couple years ago he got a copy of his birth certificate and discovered that it is actually November 16th. Funny, huh? Don't ask me how he's gone his whole life not knowing when his birthday is...not his fault though. To me it's the 15th, it's just all I've ever known! LoL

It is raining today. As much as I love the rain, it sure is making for a rough day. I am extremely tired and just dragging. I was up late last night doing the normal stuff I usually do only last night I had to give a couple little puppies a bath. I found a flea on Maggie and just couldn't stand the thought of little creepy crawly bugs on my dogs or in my house! So I scrubbed them for an hour last night and I know that may not have done the trick but I felt better. Every thing they have come in contact with has been cleaned. They had the medicine stuff on their backs not even 4 weeks ago so I don't know what the deal is but hopefully the bath will help. They go to the groomers in 2 weeks and I have plans to get more flea medicine for them too. No more fleas! They are nasty.

Sarah was skyping Brett last night when I was over there. He looked tired. His luggage was lost when he landed on Sunday/Monday but today it was found :) I was hoping he and Brandon could meet somewhere for a drink in a cool bar but they are 385 miles away so it probably will not happen.

Plans are under way for Madison's 13 birthday party. She and Amelia are having a joint party which will alleviate some of the expenses. She is looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

3 comments:

  1. If you use frontline now, there is one called (i think) confortis. It seems to work a little stronger. When I first moved in the neighbors dog had them so I had to treat Gracie and that did the trick on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Serenity! I will look for that tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe the one i used on harley was first shield by bandfield.

    ReplyDelete