The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving~

Instead of my usual moan and groan today, the day before Thanksgiving, I will be thankful - because when it comes down to it, I have a lot to be thankful for...

* for my family - my ENTIRE family - which is pretty big
* for the health of all my family and friends
* for friends who listen to me complain
* for a husband who lives for his family
* for my 2 beautiful little (are 13 and 8 considered little?) girls
* for a job
* for a car
* for a house
* for food
* for clothes

I saw a young man hitch-hiking with his suitcase this morning on Airport Rd. He couldn't have been over the age of 25. Looked like his suitcase had tags on them like he had been on a plane ride recently. It was very foggy this morning - hard to see 5 feet in front of you but while listening to "...if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us..." and watching that guy walk up the road I realized that as much as I may complain about Damion working all the time or us not having enough $ for me to go shopping every weekend, at least we have food, a warm home and cars to drive - unlike this guy. Further down the road I saw 2 people huddled together at the bus stop. Again, thankful for my transportation and the warm heat I had running in the car. When I got to work I sat down at my desk and logged into Facebook. First thing I saw was a video Kristi had posted on her wall entitled "Being Thankful through Hardship". Hardship can be many things right now - we are all facing something. I am very thankful for the things I've been given. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Love today's blog post. I am thankful for you and getting to see you every day when I come to work! Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so blessed...in so many ways...and it takes our growth and faith to turn to Him in the trials.

    ReplyDelete