5 days to go - I think I'm done shopping. Can you believe it? I have NEVER been done this early - EVER. Cindy and I went shopping friday night. It wasn't really planned - in fact, she had made other plans earlier in the week but when Damion offered to keep all 4 kids (Randy had gone hunting out of town), we jumped on the offer. He was home by 6pm and we left shortly after that. We hit Target, Sam's, the mall and had a nice peaceful dinner. We got more done in just a few hours on Friday than we did the entire day on Saturday. Saturday was a bit of a lazy morning for me. I did laundry, washed all the sheets then later in the afternoon Cindy came over and we went to lunch at Panera and then to Wal-Mart and Papas & Beer for dinner. It was a busy day but not real productive. Yesterday was Christmas lunch for mom's side of the family. That is always fun. I love hanging out with my cousins - especially when Damion enjoys it as much as I do. Wish we could get together more than we do though. After lunch we went home and watched Christmas movies until time for the girls to go to church with mom and Nana for Riley's Christmas program. She was an angel, Reagan was baby Jesus and I think Sarah & Brett were Mary & Joseph - Sarah, please clarify if I am wrong. I should have gone with them but I took advantage of their time away and went to Rack Room and came home to wrap presents. I only got 10 wrapped. I am THE WORST WRAPPER EVER. I absolutely HATE wrapping presents. I'm terrible at it. It takes me so long, that by the time I am done, I have forgotten what's inside! The girls (EL especially) were excited to see presents under the tree when they arrived home. Now they each have 5 presents - it is so hard to keep it even. I was able to get everything down out of the attic last night and make a list of what I've bought for who - I think it is pretty even. EL may need a few more but Madison is set. She's so easy to buy for right now. EL is still in the stage where she likes toys, but might be getting too big for them. I did buy Damion some stuff Friday night. He won't be getting much but then again, he doesn't want or need much. I think he will be happy with what I've bought though.
This week will be a short work week for me :) I am only working today and tomorrow - I always try to save my paid time off for this time of year. This year has been a pretty good one as for as me not having to miss much work so I'll be working 2 days this week and 3 days next week. Not too bad I don't guess. I can honestly say that I am relieved and mostly ready for Christmas. I'm ready to enjoy it - ready to be with my kids and make some memories!
Yes, we were Mary & Joseph. I hate wrapping presents too... glad I don't have to wrap yours anymore... who does now? lol
ReplyDeleteIt is hard when the kids are at that age that you still have to try and keep things even. Luckily Starla and Jeramy are both old enough now to understand that sometimes what one wants may be more expensive than the other so the # of items wont always be the same. I make a list for everyone as I am wrapping though so I can keep track of what I have gotten for who and where my $ has went....lol
ReplyDeleteWell, according to Damion, he hasn't bought any presents yet. You know he is so last minute! Don't be surprised if he bombards you with presents on Christmas Eve! lol
ReplyDeleteI don't know how my parents did it. I never felt that Tiff or Brett got more than I did - not that I remember anyway. It is so hard!
ReplyDeleteCindy wraps her presents now! I love it!!
ReplyDelete