"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
New year brings new year's resolutions...
or NOT. Resolutions get broken - so here's my goal....to drink more water. There, that's easy, isn't it? Just drink water. But see here's the thing, I DON'T LIKE WATER. I need sweet tea or milk - those are my choices. So here we are at day 3 (because I started on Monday and not the actual first day of the year) and so far today I have drank about 4 ounces of water. ALL DAY. That's it! Nothing else. I don't drink enough as it is but I am really struggling with this. The first day I did great. Water all day - a lot of it even, and then had milk with my dinner. Yesterday not so good. I went to El Charro for lunch - because who wants to hurt Dr. Travis's feelings by saying no when he offers to buy lunch ;) and I had sweet tea :( but that's only because I had a headache!! You will be happy to know that I tried to redeem myself by skipping dinner. I had taken the girls to chick-fil-a after the gym last night because it was Glen Arden night and I was so hot from running that I decided not to eat. So there ya go. But today...I may have a breakdown. I've already had 3 miniature reese cups so I've already splurged as it is. Oh well. I've also noticed that I am working on a double chin. This can not happen. So I've researched different exercises that I can do to eliminate it. I hope it helps. I know I should decrease my caloric intake but I like to eat! ugh. Hopefully none of you are struggling with your resolutions just yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just keep in mind - All things in moderation! A sweet tea is OK. I can't go without my cokes! I do drink a lot of water though. I love really cold ice water. Have you considered trying it with a little lemon maybe? That is supposed to be really good for you. I need to start doing that myself. Mamaw does it all the time.
ReplyDeleteYour new Starbucks cup should inspire you to drink more water with its candycane straw!
ReplyDeleteyou are so funny...only posted cause you said i had too....love you!!
ReplyDelete