The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, January 13, 2011

SNOW, SNOW, and MORE SNOW!!

I am NOT complaining. I love a good snow! The only thing I will complain about is being too old to enjoy snow days. I still have the nagging responsibility of work. We were closed the first day it snowed though - we got about 7 inches at our house. I can't remember Dr. T ever closing the office in the (almost) 11 years that I've worked for him. It is quite possible that it has happened before though. My memory tends to fail me more and more. So here's a picture of the beautiful snow.

What saddens me most about snow days - other than the fact that I have to work, is that the girls don't play in the snow. They don't even want to. Our yard is completely flat and the road to our house would be perfect to sled down but the Town of Fletcher scrapes it the first day. Again, I am not complaining. It is nice to be able to get out if we need to but...I kinda want to play. Mom did take the girls over to Brett & Sarah's yesterday - they had a good time sledding with Riley and her friends. I don't have any pictures :( The other sad thing about snow is that while everyone else is trapped inside, Damion is out plowing snow! Good for him but those days tend to be his longest days. So the girls have missed school every day this week - we aren't sure about tomorrow just yet but with it being Friday I can't imagine it being a very productive day. Because of this weather, my weekend plans have been cancelled :( that also makes me sad. The girls and I were planning on going to Pinehurst this weekend for a girl's weekend with Tiff, Jaidyn and Ayla. Todd will be away for a soccer tournament and it was going to work out beautifully. However, because of the snow, Jaidyn will be going to school on Saturday and Tiff will use that time to catch up at work. Bummer.

I found out yesterday that a raise is just not in the cards for me again this year. Another bummer. Good things come to those who wait, right? I'm not a patient person. It's not really even about the money anyway. It's the gesture. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my boss. But I take my job very seriously. It's not just a place I come to hang out at for 9 hours, 5 days a week. This is what I do. I like it. I enjoy it. I take it very seriously. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the job thing. Hopefully things will turn around this year!

    ReplyDelete