We went to the lake on Saturday. Our first trip this year. We never go this early but I'm so glad we did. It turned out to be a beautiful day! Normally our lake kickoff weekend is Memorial Day weekend but the girls had a great time and I'm glad we went. Here are a few pictures -
I keep telling mom that when I die, they aren't gonna have any pictures of me. I'm always the one taking the pictures :)
Sunday was Easter. We did not go to church. I feel so terrible for that. I feel like I haven't done my part on the church front with my kids like I should have. It's so hard to do it all by myself. Stupid excuse, I know. But it is tough, I don't care what anybody says.
Damion and the girls all slept in Sunday morning. The Easter bunny visited (I neglected to take a picture of their baskets) and we had our traditional egg hunt only this time, it was done in the jungle. Our grass hasn't been mowed in FOREVER. Damion keeps the lawn mower at his shop and right now the trailer he carries it around on is in use so that's his excuse. We did talk about this coming Sunday being our work in the yard day, so hopefully it will not rain and this will actually happen. It needs to happen. It's looking a bit neglected.
After our egg hunt, we had a late lunch / early dinner at Outback. Both my parents and Damion's parents were at the lake so we didn't have any other family time. To be honest, I was pretty bummed. I cried SO much on Sunday, for no real reason. And then at Outback, I was laughing hysterically. Damion thought I had truly lost my mind. I don't know what was wrong. It was bizarre. But crying did make me feel better, so whatever.
I almost forgot to mention Madison's big math award. On Friday, she was awarded 3rd place in a math test - the AMC 8. I had to google it to get the details but I am very very proud of her. Such an accomplishment! I missed the award ceremony though. I didn't go because she didn't get straight A's this 9 weeks. I had no idea she got 3rd place in the AMC 8. I was so proud of her! What's funny is, she got a B on her report card in Math. haha. Crazy.
This weekend may be a busy one. We have my friend, Michelle's husband's 40th birthday party friday night - it also happens to be my best pal, Kim's 34th birthday and Brody's 8th birthday. Saturday is the Spring Fling at Glen Arden - always fun. Sunday will hopefully be our work in the yard day.
Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment