The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break

I've been a bit of a lazy blogger here lately. Guess I just feel like my life is kinda boring, what's there to talk about? The truth is, I like boring. Boring is safe.

Not much has gone on the past few days. Madison is in Floria with Bayley for Spring Break and I am sure they are having the time of their lives! Cindy has sent me pictures daily which makes me smile. I miss them!

So over the weekend, EL and I just hung out together. We went shopping at the mall on Saturday, then met up with Heather and Bethany at the park Saturday afternoon. Sunday she had a birthday party to go too and I ended up hanging out with Brett and the girls until time to go pick her up. When it was time, Riley got to ride with me!! Her VERY FIRST time in my car with me driving, without her parents!

I don't think Riley quite understands what the big deal is. I was SO EXCITED!!!

This week has been kinda quiet. Last night, Sarah and I went to get our nails done and then met Brett and the girls at Casa Torres for dinner. That was fun. The food wasn't great but the time we spent together was very enjoyable.

I was talking to Holly yesterday about how it felt having Madison gone for the week. I got all teary eyed because the truth is - it hasn't really felt that much different. She's so independent and does her own thing; so responsible. The only thing that is noticeably different is the fact that there is no squabbling between she and EL, there is less laundry and her door remains open. I miss her pretty face. I guess this is just preparing me for when she is gone - only a short 4 1/2 years left. ugh.

My cousin, Alyssa, had a bad accident over the weekend. Turns out she and her boyfriend were having an argument and she climbed up on the car in an effort to prevent him from leaving. Something happened - either he sped up or slammed on his brakes, but she fell off, slamming the back of her head on the ground. Up until yesterday, she was in Neuro ICU with a brain bleed and on a ventilator with a feeding tube but all that got removed yesterday and now she is in a regular room. She also had a fractured elbow which they have since done surgery on. She doesn't remember anything about the accident so please keep her in your prayers as she has a long road to recovery. It just makes you stop and think. Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Sarah has her tonsillectomy tomorrow morning. Pray all goes well! I have a feeling it won't be pleasant. She has a ton of people to help her though - she's just a bit of a control freak...LoL (she knows I love her).

oh! I almost forgot about the circus!

I took EL by myself. I didn't really want to go alone but Damion was working, Madison had no desire to go and decided that if I wanted her to go, I was gonna have to go it alone.

We had fun. We started the day by having lunch at Twisted Crepe and then walked up to the Civic Center.

I think the elephants were her favorite!

2 comments:

  1. LOL.... first of all, I admit to being a control freak. I don't think I was until I met Brett though... I figured since he doesn't have the 'Angel OCD gene' that I had to take over that role. HAHA
    Last night was fun... look forward to doing it again soon! And about the surgery.... BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was crazy here with my nephew turning 16...I still can't believe it! I hope that Alyssa continues to improve at a good pace, I will be thinking of her! A friend of mine's mother found out 2 weeks ago that she has inoperable ocular melanoma so today they are removing one of her eyes! You are so RIGHT! Life can change in a blink of an eye!!

    Good luck to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete