The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

catching up...

I've fallen behind AGAIN. sorry, folks. Just can't get it together. Let me try to catch you up on all that's been happening around here...

rewind to...Saturday, June 11th. . . Shawn & Kim's 40th Birthday Surprise Party @ P.F Chang's. Afterwards, we went to Elaine's at Grove Park Inn. We had a good night!

This is usually what happens when we are together...I am trying to get Damion to do something (in this case, take a picture) and Shawn is looking at us like we're a bunch of fools.

This one turned out much better :)

The Busby's!
Riley also had her 3rd birthday party on Saturday night. Damion & I were unable to attend but the girls got to go with mom and dad. Here are a few favorite pictures I stole from Sarah ;)

The birthday girl with her Mimi.

Don't you love this swim suit? Used to be Emma-Leigh's! I love that :)

Reagan & Madison in their kinda-sorta matching swim suits.

Since Damion and I were unable to attend Riley's party we took her to Build-a-Bear last Thursday night. She had been anticipating this night for weeks! We began the evening by having dinner in the food court...Riley and Emma-Leigh chose chick-fil-a. Then it was off to "Building Bear" as Riley liked to call it.

It didn't take her too long to decide which animal she wanted...

and she was SO sweet...thanking Damion without even being told to do it. He was smiling from ear to ear...you know that doesn't happen often!

and the fun didn't stop there ~ Riley spent the night with us Thursday night...Damion got kicked out of the bed...

I think Riley enjoyed her sleepover...she didn't fall asleep until around 1:30am. She was just too excited!

On Saturday, Madison & Bayley were invited to celebrate Ashley's birthday by having massages and pedicures. This was their first massage!

First step - paperwork.

Looks relaxing, doesn't it? They had a great time! Later on that day, Cindy & I indulged ourselves as well and went for pedicures! I love a good foot rub!

Sunday was Father's Day. If Damion had it his way, he would've been in bed all day long but we were on the hunt for dad some fishing gear, then had lunch at Ichiban. Later on, Madison & I went over to mom and dad's to take dad his gift - which ended up being a card and cash. He was pleased.

and that's about it! Yesterday was Sarah's birthday so we all went to Ichiban for dinner! twice in one week ;)

Oh and Mom got the position at the new intermediate school that she had applied for. The school will not be finished in time for this upcoming school year as they had originally planned but chances are, when school does start, she will be working at Valley Springs until Koontz is completed. EL is okay with this change, she knows her grammie will be at her new school when she is in 5th and 6th grades.

Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for Grammie, I know she really wanted that position. Thanks so much for everything you did for the party! I will never be able to Thank You enough :) See you guys in a couple of days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha.... love the picture of riley laying sideways in the bed.... so typical.

    ReplyDelete