The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, June 10, 2011

Last day of 7th and 3rd grades

This morning sucked. There's just no other word for it. I can't ever have both the girls get up and get ready and both be happy. It's either one or the other. This morning, EL was the grumpy one. She was extremely tired and slow going and then what she had planned to wear, she couldn't find. See the other day, she took one of my shirts that I hadn't worn in a while and cut it into a vest for herself. She had Damion sew a button on it and was just delighted with the finished product. Only today, it was nowhere to be found. I have NO clue where it could have ended up. She had originally planned to take it to school with her on Thursday for the 3rd grade auction but when I asked her who bought it she said she had forgotten it at home. Guess tonight we will be digging thru the trashcan. So here is our first day of school / last day of school traditional pictures...

August 2010 - First day of school


June 2011 - Last day of school

I can't believe how fast they are growing up and this year has FLOWN by!

Now let's rewind to last Friday...Madison, Bayley, Julia, Ashley, Holly and Cameron all made the cheerleading squad. No one got left out this year! Now let's hope we have as good a year this upcoming season as we had last year.


Sunday night we went to dinner at El Charro for Brett's birthday. Since we were all at the lake last weekend it kinda got pushed back. Don't worry though, he celebrated! LoL Riley wanted her hair in braids like Madison's - it looked so cute when she was finished.


Emma-Leigh won her class spelling bee on Monday so Tuesday the top 4 spellers from each class had a sort of "championship" spelling bee. EL didn't do so hot. She misspelled "piece" but she looked good doing it.


Also on Tuesday, we celebrated EL's birthday at school. Her birthday isn't until July 21 but since it's during the summer her teacher gave the option of celebrating before school is out. So sweet. They do a neat little thing too. They light a candle, which symbolizes the sun, Emma-Leigh is the earth - she takes 9 trips around the sun, symbolizing each year she's alive. After each trip, I shared a picture of what she did that year. It was pretty fun. Then we had cookie cake and juice!






Wednesday was Emma-Leigh's awards program. I didn't know she was getting an award, just went to hear her sing. Surprisingly, she received an Achievement Award for Most Improved - probably in Math. She had a F on her mid-term and brought it up to a B by the time report cards came out. I was beaming :) she also got a blue cord symbolizing the A/B Honor Roll. Yippee!


Today Tiff & fam comes to town and tomorrow is Riley's bday party. Unfortunately, Damion and I will not be attending Riley's party :( very sad. Instead, we will be going to Shawn & Kim's 40th surprise birthday party. Riley understands - actually, all she worries about is whether or not her Mimi is coming - yes, Madison & Emma-Leigh are going to her party. I hope to spend my Saturday before the party at the pool, in the sunshine...we shall see. Hope everyone has a good kickoff to summer weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment