
Saturday, July 23rd 2011. My day started off with lunch at Moe's with KimBERLY (she's my new bff - but don't worry Cindy, you haven't been replaced). As I was leaving, Laura called to tell me that her brother-in-law (who happens to be the manager for the Backstreet Boys) would have floor tickets waiting on us at Will Call. I had no idea where our actual seats were located, but knew they couldn't be bad seats since we had paid $100 a piece for them. I was delighted to have floor tickets though. The closer the better! I called Tiff and told her our news. She was thrilled! I got to Greensboro at about 3pm. Tiff had arrived just a few minutes before I did and had already checked out our hotel. It was decided that we were not going to stay there. So we were off to the Sheraton, which was lovely. There was even a discounted rate because of the concert. yeah! Once in the hotel we had to discuss the t-shirt situation. Tiff had made our shirts with puffy paint the night before but they hadn't dried completely and on the way down, they melted....

so we were off to Michael's for more supplies. En route, Tiff called will call about a total of 3 times to see if our tickets had arrived yet. We were anxious, because she had already called two of her friends to come down since we potentially had 2 extra tickets. So they were on their way - only we didn't have our tickets in our hand yet, so we were a bit on edge. The last time we called they told us that we would need to come up right before the show and check with the Will Call booth. So that's what we did. And sure enough, they were there! 7th row!!!!! I couldn't believe it.
Besides the concert and all the excitement that brings, I actually really enjoyed my time with my sister. You see, the first concert we ever went to was New Kids on the Block. It meant something to us to be able to go back together. We had a blast. Nothing could have made it any better. I liked her friends too so that was a plus! Here are a few pictures -




This picture was taken right before Joe looked up and smiled at me. My heart melted.

This is Nick, Tiff's man. He was pretty hot.
Because we had on bright florescent shirts (and glow bracelets), we were glowing when the lights were down and the black lights were on. And because we were on the 7th row, it wasn't hard to see us. Brian waved and winked at us many times. We were like two little 12 year old girls. Didn't bother me a bit, I was not ashamed.
The opening acts were good too. A boy band called Midnight Red opened up and sang 2 songs. Then Matthew Morrison from Glee put on a really good show (he was hot too). All in all, an amazing 24 hours.
Hootie and the Blowfish concert is August 13th. As much as I love me some Darius Rucker, I'm thinking it won't hold a candle to NKOTBSB.
No comments:
Post a Comment