The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, August 5, 2011

364 days

'til my birthday.

I'm 34 now. Doesn't feel any different of course. I hate time though. I hate how my kids are growing up right before my eyes. That's no surprise to anyone - It's my every day battle.

So yesterday, I received flowers from one of my very best friends - Jen. They're beautiful and they smell delicious. Our birthdays are on the same day, ya know. I suck as a friend. I didn't get her anything.


Last night I went to Wild Wings and to Elaine's afterwards for my bday. Brett, Sarah, Cindy, Kim and Roger came to help me celebrate. Another example of how I suck as a friend? someone always feels left out. I suck. I'm grumpy. I'm hungry. and I probably shouldn't even be blogging right now. I haven't cried in like weeks - crying ALWAYS makes me feel better. I don't even need to have a reason to cry. I mean, there are always reasons (in my mind) to cry it just may not be an obvious one. So maybe I should do that. That's probably the only thing that will make me feel better.

I had a good time last night though. I wish everyone I am close to could/would have come. Here are a few pictures...




Cindy took some pictures with her camera but they aren't posted yet.

Kim was sneaky and told the waitress it was my birthday so the guys sang Happy Birthday to me and then played Let Her Cry by Hootie & the Blowfish. I almost cried right then. It was perfect! Then "Happy Bday Christy" - spelled wrong ;( was written on the mirror as the "phrase of the night". I had so much fun. It was Brett, Sarah, Kim & Roger's first time ever going. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

And since I'm kind of in a grumpy mood, I'm gonna stop blogging now. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment