The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birth Control

Yep, I'm blogging on birth control. So for those of you that think this is too much info...you've been warned.

Last Wednesday, I decided to change my method of birth control - to an IUD (Mirena). Why? strictly financial. I have no problems whatsoever with remembering to take my birth control pills because every night I take a synthroid pill - which when not taken properly, I could die from. So I never forget. You see, my pills cost me $23/month and the Mirena was $25 and lasts 5 years. Who wouldn't make the switch? I will admit, had I known how much pain I was in for, I may not have made the switch. It hurt worse than having a baby. Why? Because there has been no action in my cervix for 13 years. Emma-Leigh was a c-section so, there ya go. I cried. It hurt. I think I came up off the table. I felt violated. I went home afterwards to rest. . . the following day, I felt 110% better. Yay for an IUD! I hope I love it like they say I will.

No picture today...oh wait, maybe I can find a picture of the lovely piece of plastic that is now inside my body...

there ya go - isn't that lovely? LoL

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Nice pic. I have several friends that use the IUD and are perfectly happy with it. Why pay $$ monthly when you don't have to? Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG That cracks me up! The IUD hurts so much...but it is SO much better than the pill! You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete