"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Thursday, May 28, 2009
We're almost thru the week! Did I mention Emma-Leigh had pink eye last week? It is back aGaIn!! She looks so pitiful. So we went to the lake for Memorial Day weekend. Damion stayed behind and worked. We stayed with Vickie and Donald. Brandon and Alejandra came down on Sunday with Kevin and Kaly. Jennifer had gone to Carrowinds and Kaleb was with his mom. Mom and dad were down there too. We met up with them each day. The girls and I went to see their camper, it is very cute! Judy and Steve came down on Sunday to hang out with them so that was nice for them. It rained off and on all weekend. Monday was beautiful - just in time to come home :) When we got home Monday evening, we all went to the grocery store (even damion!) it was fabulous! When Damion goes, we ALWAYS get 2 buggies (and he always pays, haha). Tuesday was Emma-Leigh's awards ceremony and "concert". I got there super early and was able to sit in the front row! Damion surprised her and was able to make it. Vickie was there, too and mom, of course although she had to take a seat in the middle because I didn't have an extra one saved. Anyway, Emma-Leigh was also in the front. She was all smiles and then all of a sudden, she starts crying! Out of nowhere! She said she was scared. I was so disappointed that she didn't sing any of her songs. She was looking forward to it so much and had practiced singing in the car for days. She is a really good singer. Oh well. There's always next year, I guess. Although she did the exact same thing last year... nothing else exciting going on this week. The girls were supposed to have field day at school but it got rained out and they have postponed it to next week. Tomorrow night is parent's night out but before that we are closing on the spec house at Waightstill Mountain. Hopefully all will go as planned. Saturday I think I will take the girls to the pool! It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment