MADISON MADE CHEERLEADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I get a "heck yeah"?!
I am so relieved the stress and worry is finally over. Now I can sleep at night. Out of her group of friends, 6 of them tried out for the team. 2 of them didn't make it. I was the bearer of THE news - be it good or bad - depended on who was receiving the news. Here's what happened - all the girls were at Julia's birthday/pool party friday night from 6-8. The names were to be posted on the door at the school between 7 and 7:30pm. I met Cindy at the pool at 6 and she and I went to Panera (where we had a hard time eating) and then went to Cane Creek immediately after to check the door. The plan was for us to take a picture of the paper and bring it back to the party for the girls to see - they were expecting us.
Julia was #25, Amelia was #26, Ashley #27, Madison #28, Bayley #29 and Cameron #30.
I felt sorry for Cameron. She's a good cheerleader - apparently they judge on more than just cheer ability. Amelia was upset but not distraught - she had a feeling she wouldn't make it. Both plan to try out for volleyball in the fall.
Saturday we went to the pool. Lots of fun was had by all :)
Sunday morning we woke up bright and early and went to breakfast at Grove Park Inn for an early Father's Day surprise for Dad, Damion, Brett and Shawn. Here's a great picture of Damion and I at breakfast.
He hates it when I have the camera out (which is ALL the time).
After breakfast, the guys stayed to play golf and the girls went to the pool - except for April and Abigail - April was busy being efficient and productive with getting things ready for next week - this time next week we will be cruising, baby! I can now be excited about our vaca now that all this cheerleading stuff is over with. Whew!
So it's back to the grind today at work. I did manage to take a picture of the kids this morning - it being their last day of school and all. Here's a picture of them on the first day of school...
And here's today - their last day of school...
Can you tell they're over it? Madison wasn't happy with anything - she is NOT a morning person. Emma-Leigh said she had a headache. Brody is trying to figure out what in the world is wrong with Emma-Leigh because she was fine just a second ago and Bayley just wants to get this over with.
Ha Ha! Gotta love them!
LMBO! I love that FIRST and LAST school pictures. Those are just way too funny!!
ReplyDeleteOk, did the girls all tryout together? I'm assuming so since their #s are all sequential, probably should space them out next year to give them a better chance to all get on the squad, judges catch on to friends trying out together and sometimes will pick the best of the bunch and may leave one out that wasn't as good but better than someone not in the friend group just to diversify...make sense??
ReplyDeleteAnd the pictures of first and last are great, love them!!
Great job, great song selection. Just got back from the gym! 4 More work days!!!
ReplyDelete