The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, November 19, 2010

Lonely...

How is it possible to have so many friends, yet feel so lonely?

I hate this economy. HATE IT! I am so worried about Damion, every day. He is so stressed out. You can see it in his face. I admire his strength, I really do. But when he comes home, runs straight to the medicine cabinet for nyquil (at 7pm), eats dinner (in the bedroom) and goes to sleep, I get mad. Not mad at him - ok, maybe just a little but it's not his fault and I am totally aware of that. Mad at this world, the economy. I don't even really know who to be mad at, I'm just mad. I'm mad that he has to work his butt off every.single.day. I'm mad that people take months to pay him - and then sometimes don't - but are still able to sleep at night. I'm mad that even though he takes 4 nyquil and 2 tylenol pm's every night, he still can't sleep. I'm mad that his days are consumed with such stress, guilt, whatever it may be. I miss him - the way he was before the recession. When he was building houses, selling them and proud of what he had done. I'm proud of him now, for being able to keep going. I can't say that I would have lasted this long. I miss him. I miss us. I miss what little family time we had.

I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving Day. At least I know he'll be home all day with us, at least I hope he is.

1 comment:

  1. I fully understand your frustrations with the economy. Sleeping: Well he should check with a Dr. Ambien & Lunesta have both helped me and over the counter...Tell him to try UNISOM. It does not have all the other junk in it and is safe enough for a pregnant woman to take on a daily basis. There are gel caps and tablets...TABLETS actually work better for some reason. I know this helps the economy none (you know I want that just as much as you right now) BUT maybe it will help him rest better!

    ReplyDelete