The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We are all just too busy....

Isn't that the problem with all of us? We are too busy - there's just not enough time. I posted this video to facebook this morning but those of you that didn't get a chance to see it, please watch it now...

Tearjerker, ain't it? We need to slow down. I am so guilty of rush rush rushing all the time. Damion too. This song spoke to him more than me, if you can even imagine that.

Okay so catch up to what we've been doing since last post...I don't even remember the last post so here's what I can remember...haha. Tiff and the girls came to visit this past weekend. We hung out all day on Saturday. First to lunch at Twisted Crepe for the entire fam (except Damion who was, as always, busy working).
Here's a not so great shot of me and my siblings...

and Riley discovered a little cup that her daddy kept filling with coke (a big no no). She was in heaven!

And a picture of me and EL.

She was all I had on Saturday - Madison went to Dollywood with her Wyldlife group and had a great time. The only downfall? Damion recieved a speeding ticket on his way to drop she and Bayley off...he was trying to do something for me when I should have just taken them all along :(
ok so anyway, lunch at Twisted Crepe then Brett, Sarah and Riley had to go home so Riley could take a nap. So me, mom, Tiff, EL, Jaidyn & Ayla went to Old Navy. It seemed like we were there F O R E V E R. The girls wanted to try everything on and have a "fashion show" for us. They were having fun and we were in no hurry so why not? After that we went back to my house but only to turn right back around and leave to head out to mamaw and papaw's. It had been SO LONG since I had been out there. I think they enjoyed the company. Then it was back to mom and dad's for potato soup and salad. It was delicious! Jaidyn came over and spent the night with EL Saturday night. They got along very well together but stayed up way too late.

Sunday me, mom, Tiff and the girls (except for Madison - she didn't get in bed until 1am the night before) went to church. After church they went to the mall - Madison included. EL and I stayed home and worked puzzles, watched a movie. She was exhausted and needed some down time. So that's it! Pretty boring, huh?

I should blog about my new personal shopper. LoL. Not really. But it does kinda feel that way. You all know I'm trying to do the coupon thing? Well I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet. I know it will take time but April is really trying to help me out and I appreciate it SO much. She's an expert, I'm telling you! I am looking forward to the day when I am as knowledgable and successful as she is at grocery shopping :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahh I love Lady A. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend but a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok well....when you figure it out....you can teach me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound at all boring...sounds like I wish I could spend my every weekend..close to and surrounded by family (and friends of course;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a wonderful weekend. Video is a tear jerker. Maybe Damion will slow down now!! (driving included)

    ReplyDelete