The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

okay so my attitude has improved (somewhat) and I am looking forward to the holiday season. Better be, right? It is coming whether I like it or not!

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night Madison had a Wyldlife meeting and I ended up taking her, Bayley and Matthew and then EL and I were just gonna hang out in Fairview until the meeting was over. Since it was only an hour and a half I didn't figure there would be any point in going all the way home. Right before we were leaving, Kim called and I told her what I was doing - we planned to meet at Nachos & Beer for dinner. That worked out perfectly. We don't get to hang out hardly at all anymore so it was nice to have dinner together - seems like the best things happen when they aren't planned!

Saturday I cleaned my house the ENTIRE day. From 8:30am until 6:00pm. I felt really good about it too. I had already planned to stay home all day and clean. It was a necessity. I did things I normally do not do, like vaccuumed out all the vents, cleaned out from underneath both bathroom sinks, bathroom drawers and underneath the kitchen counters. A kind of winter-cleaning, if you will. I enjoyed it, believe it or not. Sickening, huh? When I finished the girls and I went to get Cameron and then went to Panera for dinner.

Sunday we were all up early ready to decorate the house! Here are a few pictures of my cozy little living room.

Madison and Cameron carried the Christmas tree in all on their own!





After we finished decorating we went to Applebee's for lunch - which ended up being a terrible disaster. Let me try to explain what happened - when you walk in the door at Applebee's there's a sign that says - buy $50 worth of gift cards, get $10 free. I thought it would be a good idea to do that. I'm all about getting something for free. So when our bill came, it was $66.80 - I explained to our server that I wanted to buy a gift card for $50 and then use that gift card to put towards our meal which would leave a balance of $16.80 to also be charged on the same credit card that we used to buy the gift card with. Make sense so far? Instead, he charged an ADDITIONAL $50 to our bill - making the total $116.80. When he came back to the table, I explained to him that we wanted to use the gift card to pay for our lunch. So he was like "oh, okay. I understand. Sorry about that." and then he comes back with another ticket that says $66.80 - so he deducted $50 by using the gift card. I shook my head - seriously? Is he not understanding this? By this point, Damion was not happy to say the least. But he said - "whatever, that's fine." But when we got out to the car, he was pissed. He said he had no intentions whatsoever of spending $120 on lunch (more after you factor in the tip). I told him I was sorry - that I could go fix it if he wanted me to. He did. So I went back in, spoke to the manager and after about 5 miuntes - she finally understood what I was trying to say. I really could not believe that I was having to explain this. What was the big deal? The free $10 had totally lost its value by that point. I didn't even want it anymore!!!! Anyway, I walked out of there feeling like she had understood what I was saying - the whole time the server has his elbows propped up on the bar just glaring at me. It's not my fault you're stupid - that's what I wanted to scream at him! ugh. SO, we get in the car and Damion decides to call the credit card company. As he suspected, Applebees has charged 4 different transactions - one for $116.80, one for $66.80, one for $50 and one for $16.80. No credits/refunds were showing up at all. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse - right? I'm in tears now. After all, this was all my idea just for $10 extra flipping dollars! heavy sigh. So today I call again to see if it has all straightened out (the manager at Applebee's told me at the end of the night it would all void out) and all 4 transactions are still showing as pending. I was told by the credit card company to just give it one more day. If it hasn't cleared out by tomorrow then to call Applebee's and if they won't fix it then the credit card company will file a dispute. OMG. Seriously? I want to cry. So just to make sure I'm not totally losing my head - which transactions, out of the 4, do you guys think should even be charged? I'm curious. Maybe I'm the stupid one.

On another note, Madison has a new boyfriend. Surprise, right? I don't know anything about him other than he goes to an all boys school. Maybe he will be at her party on Friday night? We will see!

7 comments:

  1. My head hurts to much to try to figure out your applebees scenario right now... lol. but on to more important things, a new boyfriend for madison?? i thought her and luke were married?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...so your meal was 66.80 right? well...if you bought a $50 gift card on top of that your total WOULD be 116.80...then you would get a $10 gc to use toward your meal which would make your meal $56.80 (total charge 106.80)...but then if they LET you use that $50 gc you just bought toward your meal that would make your meal $6.80 + $50 you spent on the $50 GC so...you should have spent all together $56.80 (after all of the rigamaroll of course and deducting the gc...but you would have to have bought them FIRST then sat down and ordered your meal etc...) Did I just make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meal was $66.80 - I wanted to buy a $50 gift card - don't even think about the total bill right now. So $50 should have been charged, then we wanted to use that $50 gift card we just purchased on our meal - making it $16.80. Those should be the only charges we have :) the $10 extra? Can't use until January 1st anyway!!! Make sense now?
    yes, Tissy, a new boyfriend. She and Luke have divorced. I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I am totally confused!! Apples & Madison!! She didn't say anything to me today about a new boyfriend!! Then she doesn't like me anymore anyway!! I think your total should have only been 6.80 for meal but then 50 for the gift card also!! So 56.80? Right!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! Mom actually did the gift card thing last week. What she dis was bought the $50 gc when we first set down and they brought her the $50 & $10 gc and then used it after dinner toward her bill. I think your server was just an idiot. If you used both gc to pay your check then you should have been actually charged $56.80 total (not counting tip)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Christmas tree! Love the boyfriend thing. Welcome to middle school. I think it gets worse in high school...AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. $56.80 is the total you should've ended up with. ($66.80 + 50)-(10+50)= 56.80

    You are so funny to try to do that...the point is to buy gift cards for people, you probably had that poor guy SO confused!! I love you though and I love the decorations! AND your new blog picture.

    ReplyDelete