The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to our routine

Finally. Today was a regular school day. We haven't had one of those in what - almost 2 weeks? Then before that they were out for Christmas. Whew. I do have a tiny confession though...when my alarm clock went off at 5:25 this morning, I was wishing for a 2 hour delay. How sad is that? I am having the hardest time keeping my eyes open right now. Guess I should have skipped watching The Bachelor last night. Anyway, it has been a few days since I've blogged so let me catch up. Rewind to last weekend . . . Madison and Emma-Leigh both had friends over Friday night - Emily and Bethany. Damion decided to play in a charity poker tournament so I took the girls, along with mom and dad, to Twisted Crepe for dinner. It is always so good. I have not had a crepe there that I did not like. I had also rented 5 movies for the weekend from Redbox - Nanny McFee returns for EL and Bethany, Piranha for Madison & Emily and Charlie St. Cloud, Easy A and Social Network for myself. :) I love to sit around and watch movies! I also curled EL & Bethany's hair in sponge rollers. They really enjoyed it.

Saturday, after the girls' friends left we went to Target and Harris Teeter. That was it for the whole day. It was kinda nice! Sunday we went to church. Of course, Damion didn't go. I struggle with this every time I go. I don't want to just take the girls by myself. I want him to go. I want him to want to go. I get why he doesn't though. It's his only day off, he wants to rest. But it still upsets me. I am never in the bed all day long unless I'm sick. I just want him to take 2 hours out of his morning to sit with his family at church. Maybe one day. Damion's parents have been going to church for about the past 3 or 4 weeks. This past Sunday was the first time we had actually gone at the same time as them so it was real nice to have them to sit with. After church Cindy & the kids came over to hang out for a little while and later on in the evening we went to Papas & Beer for dinner. Yum!

In just 2 days Emma-Leigh will be having surgery. She is having her tonsils and adnoids removed. I think she is really ready for this to happen. She has a hard time breathing and is so pale all the time. I am hoping her mood will improve as well. So think about us these next few days. I will be home with her on Thursday and Friday. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes...I wish for a 2 hour delay every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK sweet girl....we love u....machos n beer when u get better.....

    ReplyDelete