The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Married,single mom

Damion laughs when I tell him I'm a married single mom. I think he laughs because he knows it's true...don't get me wrong - I love that man of mine. But our love languages are different and I am completely aware of it. We all know we can't change a person so I deal with it and keep right on a truckin'. Problem is - I'm tired. And when I'm tired, I withdraw. I don't want to do anything, go anywhere. I don't mean 'don't want to do anything' as in curl up in a ball in the bed and cry. I still do all my routine stuff - because without my routine, I'd be in even more of a funk. But I don't really want to socialize, communicate or anything. I'm like a turtle, crawling back in my shell. I start to think about what all I do and how it often goes unnoticed, unappreciated. I have learned not to compare myself with other people but I just can't help it, and often find myself doing it. My responsibilites and priorities actually mean something to me and others just flit thru their days with no care in the world.

It really isn't fair for me to feel this way. I really have nothing to complain about. If you have time, go to www.howcantheyhear.org - I could never be that strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment