The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl 45

I have such a huge headache right now, I can't even see staight. So if this post is kinda all over the place, that's why.

Sunday was the Superbowl - Packers vs. Steelers - Packers won - 31 to 25. Normally, we have some friends over for the game. This year, we did not. We decided that although we love to watch football, we really didn't care too much about either team and why spend the extra money on all that food? HOWEVER, when we told Madison & Emma-Leigh, they were not happy. They started talking about traditions and how we ALWAYS do something for the Superbowl...they were right. So I placed the call to Wild Wings, bought some shrimp, tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole, fruit, cheese & crackers, pretzels & cream cheese and it was game time! Funny how when I think of traditions I base it around the holidays. These girls are thinkin' game day! Needless to say, Damion and I gave in and we were all happy with the way it turned out. Oh and Madison had her friend Emily over so that was fun for her too.

Mom has her disk surgery this Friday. She will be out of work for a month. We will see if she actually is - she's not one to sit around and do nothing.

Here are a couple pics from last week - Madison had a gigantic wart frozen off her big toe :)

and EL did her current event project on the 25th Anniversary of the Challenger explosion.

Tomorrow is the big Justin Beiber Movie. I bought the girls tickets to the sneak peek of his movie, Never Say Never for Christmas (I bought myself one too). I'm actually looking forward to it!! LoL

Thursday night Damion and Emma-Leigh will have their own little date night. Chick-fil-a is having a daddy/daughter date night for Valentine's Day. EL heard it advertise and immediately wanted me to sign them up. So they will have dinner, music and then get a free limo ride. She can hardly wait!!

Oh today is another snow day for Buncombe County - started as a 3 hour delay which then turned into school being cancelled for the entire day. So it's another Saturday school for them this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Did you end up getting any snow? We were supposed to but didn't. V-Day with her Daddy at CFA, that is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow!! Just ice :( Looks like it is in the forcast for Thursday so maybe we will get some after all. Daddy/Daughter date - too cute, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex wants to go to CFA as well Thursday night! I guess I'm calling tomorrow.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! It will good time for the two of them too! Yeah, they say maybe here Thur/Fri too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Em and Damion have a wonderful time at Chick-fil-A...maybe they will sit with Brett and Riley!! Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete