The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall? or Winter?

Boy is it cold! What is it with living in the mountains? One extreme to the other! I refuse to turn the heat on just yet!

So my weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday night we hung out at home. Madison was lectured on her lack of respect for others and proceeded to have her phone taken away. I was able to get caught up on a few of my shows from the week.

Saturday I cleaned the house and then decided to work on Emma-Leigh's closet. It is such a huge job when it comes to taking out all the summer clothes and putting in the winter clothes. But we finished! Hooray! She has hit the jackpot with all of Madison's old stuff. The best part is that they are in perfect shape. Now Madison, on the other hand, is in dire need of more clothes. She's growing so fast!! After that major project was completed I ended up taking Madison and 2 of her friends to the Reynolds Youth Football game and Mom, EL and I went to Grove Park. Not sure if I blogged about this earlier but when I was there on Monday my swim suit faded...not cool.

The color on the inside of it is how the entire thing should look. So anyway, I called and informed them of the situation. I was not asking for anything, I just wanted to tell them about the situation just in case they received calls from other people with the same problem. (I should tell you that Kristi's friend, Valerie, purchased a bathing suit in the Spa boutique and it faded as well - she received a refund.) So the manager proceeded to say that if I could come by, they would let me pick out a new suit from the Spa boutique. Score! LoL. So that was the reason for my trip Saturday night. While we were there, EL wanted to sight see. I of course, took pictures.

EL is explaining to mom how the water flows...I think. Aren't the mountains gorgeous?

Me and my girl!

Of course she had to get a picture with her grammie too!

Sunday we had a late lunch/early dinner at Papas and Beer. Madison was still with her buds so it was just the 3 of us. When we got home EL and I decorated for Halloween! Then we went to visit Brett, Sarah & Riley for a little bit - then went to Wal-Mart. It was a nice, relaxing weekend.

This coming weekend will be very special for little Miss Emma-Leigh. Hannah is home!! But just for 2 weeks. She is coming over on Saturday to play for the day. Emma-Leigh doesn't know - and I'm afraid to tell her, just in case it doesn't work out. So it's our little secret! I can't wait to see EL's face when Hannah walks in! Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. That will be so exciting for Hannah to come and play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on that suit fading but good they were more than willing to correct it! That is wonderful that Hannah is getting visit. EL will be excited but I am sure Hannah will be really excited for a little bit of normalcy too! Making it a total surprise is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete