alright readers, how many of you remember when your little family of 3 turned to 4? Mom? Tiff? Cindy? Heather? and in just 1 day...Sarah? It's frightening to think about. It rocks your world. Life, for your first born, changed over night. Sarah & I had a conversation this morning that I was beginning to think we would never have. I didn't want to bring it up. I didn't want her to worry more than she already is. But it came up and I tried to talk her thru it (amidst the tears). Not to rehash everything we discussed but it is so hard going from one child to two. I hear it is harder to do that than to go from two to three - I will never know! Bringing EL into this world was hard for me. Not the actual pregnancy or labor - that was easy! The hard part was trying to show this other little girl, who had been all alone with her daddy and I for 4 1/2 years what was about to happen. She was going to have a baby brother or sister (we chose not to know which). I feared I wouldn't love the new baby as much as I loved Madison. And at first, I had a hard time. I didn't feel like I bonded with Emma-Leigh right away - it actually took a while. Every time she fell asleep, I would pray that she would stay asleep for a while and that no one would wake her because when she would wake up all she would do is cry and want to eat. I found out later on that she wasn't getting enough food by being breast fed and at 7 weeks gave her a bottle of formula and she sucked it down. Turns out I was starving her. Quick fix but I had no idea. After that point on, things were easier but I still found it hard to divide up my attention. Madison is very independent, she was then but I think having another child kinda forced her to be even more so. EL is very dependent. She's my baby - what can I say? I am very excited about Reagan coming into this world. I have 2 girls, Tiff has 2 girls, now Brett will have 2 girls! I am excited for Riley because now she will have someone to play with (and fight with) all the time! and Brett & Sarah will have 2 weddings to pay for! LoL.
So yesterday was a teacher work day and since mom had to work, I had to take the day off to hang with the kids. Cindy also had to work so Bayley spent the night with us and she brought Brody over early yesterday morning. We started out our day by going to Madison's orthodontist appointment and then to lunch at Panera with Sarah & Riley (our last lunch before Reagan). After that we went to Old Navy, Ross and Marshalls looking for Halloween Costume stuff for Madison & Bayley - they are going to be Daisy Duke. We went home and hung out for a little while before the girls had to be at Cheer practice for choreography at Rockstar at 2:45. By that point our day was over! Emma-Leigh and Brody played well together. Here they are playing school.

Poor Maggie is still recovering from her day at the spa. She had to have a flea bath on Wednesday and the groomers accidentally got shampoo in her eyes. I feel so bad for her. I may have to break down and take her to the vet.

Tonight Madison has a Wyldlife meeting and she has a birthday party to go to tomorrow night. My calendar is clear :) Hoping to get Hannah and Emma-Leigh together this weekend. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!! Can't wait to get my hands on Reagan :o)
New babies are always so exciting! Poor Maggie! I would agree a visit to the vet may be a good idea. Hope she is all better soon!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get my hands on her either!!! Love your background design. Super cute. Hope you have a good weekend :)
ReplyDelete