The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time to blog

I just need a break. From work. From all things that exhaust me. Currently, I am nibbling on some fruit snacks. Although these aren't just your typical fruit snacks. These are nuggets. And (you like that, I just know it) they are orange flavor. They are just so good! They are these little teeny tiny things that have just a huge amount of flavor to them. Here, I'll take a picture so you get the full effect.

The only place I can find them is Wal-Mart so if you shop there - check them out. In the fruit snack section! I'm also drinking milk - lovely combination. Milk because I just finished a bowl of potato soup. Yum! Okay enough about food... Tomorrow will be a year since my grandfather died. 365 days. Amazing how fast time goes by. I say it all the time but it is so true. Here's a picture of my Nana and Carroll - the last one I have of them together. This was taken at Nana's birthday party back in May so 5 months before he died. Actually, a year and 5 months before he died. I haven't seen Nana in a long time. There for a while we were having dinner with her just about every other week but it didn't last long. We all just get caught up in our day to day lives and there just isn't enough time for everything. I am pretty sure mom talks to her daily. If not every day, at least a couple times a week. It's really sad though. I have only had a handful of people die in my life and I just know it is gonna get worse. It's inevitable. It's life. It's one thing I don't handle very well. Well, there are many things I don't handle very well ;o) funerals are a big one. Anyway...death/dying - no good. Okay so today was hippie day for Madison. She looked so cute this morning. You can tell how excited she was for me to take her picture :) So she made her shirt. Cut the sides and tied them in knots. The picture doesn't even really do it justice. It really was cute. Emma-Leigh had an "Author's Tea" today at her school. She and her friend, Noelle did a "peace song" for the class. Here's how she looked this morning. So their song was to the tune of "Who let the dogs out" only it was "Who let the hippies out" LoL. I took a video of it. Not sure if I am bright enough to get it uploaded on here. I'm gonna try.

While walking to EL's class today I noticed a lovely sign as you are walking into the 3rd grade area that says "Welcome Back, Hannah". Classes were lined up to sign it. I loved it and I know she will too!! There is a teeny tiny chance that Hannah will be moved to Emma-Leigh's class. I don't even really want to mention that on here because I know if I do, it won't happen. So forget you saw/read it! Dinner at mom and dad's tonight! Homemade soup! Yum! I can hardly wait :o)

5 comments:

  1. Death....it is never a good thing. I had in my blog yesterday I am going to a funeral tomorrow from my friend's father that just lost his battle to cancer this week. :o( I don't deal well with this stuff either! On the brighter side - loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're silly...and you DO mention food and eating quite a bit...hmmm..lol
    So, Madison's outfit doesn't quite look hippie to me, she looks really cute actually! That's so cool that they do days like that, is it just during spirit week like we did, or is it scattered throughout the year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't really "hippie". I told her she should just wear a tie-dyed shirt but of course my idea wasn't a good one. I think she was just really wanting to wear the shirt she made and knew she couldn't on a regular day. Days like that are just during spirit week but it seems they have a few spirit weeks during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both girls look really cute! Bailey wore a tie-dyed tshirt today, but I had no idea it was for spirit week...couldn't get that much out of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EL looked more like a hippie than Madison...Madison should wear that everyday...very cute! ;o)

    The video...OMG that is awesome! I love that girl!!

    ReplyDelete