The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, October 11, 2010

Another weekend - GONE!

So this past weekend was one of the best ones, I must say. I truly enjoyed it. Not a lot happened but it was fun, peaceful, the weather was beautiful and my girls were happy!

Let me start with Friday...
I picked the girls up from school on Friday because mom and dad were heading down to the lake - although they later decided to leave Saturday morning I still used it as an excuse to leave work early :) So I picked EL up then ventured to CCMS to get Madison. While in the car rider line, I let EL in on the little secret I had been hiding all week. (It was ABSOLUTELY killing me!!) I told her I had arranged a special play date for her for tomorrow and that Hannah was coming over first thing in the morning. She was grinning from ear to ear! Her face got all red like she was embarassed. It was great! Friday night I took Madison,Holly and Matthew to Wyldlife and then EL and I met Dawn at Nachos and Beer. It was good! Very similar to Papas & Beer - not quite as good but very very close. It was fun being able to catch up with Dawn - it has been a while since we've done anything. After dinner, I picked Madison and her friends (I gained an extra 2 on the way back) up and took them all home, except for Holly. She was staying the whole weekend because both of her parents were out of town.

Saturday . . . :) I'm still so happy about how great this day was! Hannah and her mom (Melissa) arrived a little bit before 11am. EL and I met them outside in the driveway because we were just so excited to see them! Melissa came in and we talked for a good while about everything. She explained to me that Hannah has a lycra 2-piece garment body suit on (that she has to wear for a year) - it covers her entire right arm, hand, her whole back and stomach, zips up the front and goes about halfway down her legs. She needed help when going to the bathroom to make sure that the velcro (at her waist to connect the 2 pieces) is stuck together the right way - with no itchy scratchy parts touching her skin and there can not be any wrinkles in the garment suit. Bless that poor little child's heart. Her skin. Oh my. I must've cried 3 times just in the short amount of time that Melissa was there talking to me. I just feel so bad for what they have gone through. I gave Hannah a huge hug and told her I was so so happy she was here with us and how much we have all been praying for her. She just smiled and then took off running to Emma-Leigh's room to play. A few minutes later, we left our house and met Kristi, Ethan and Aidan at the pumpkin patch in Fletcher.


Isn't he such a handsome little guy?

Aidan, such a cutie!

Hannah & Emma-Leigh

Madison with our loot!

The whole gang!
After our pumpkin adventure was over we went to lunch - Hannah's choice. She picked J&S. So that's where we went! We had a minor setback on the way into the restaurant. Hannah tripped over the curb and scraped her foot. Scared me to death!! But Kristi was quick on the scene with her first aid kit!


I think they thought I was nuts taking pictures of them eating lunch. But I didn't care :)
After lunch we headed to Michael's to get paint for the pumpkins. Then we came home to paint them on the front porch. The space was a bit cramped but it worked. Hannah can not be out in the sun but as hot as it was, we wouldn't have lasted long in the sun anyway.






Madison & Holly's pumpkin family - complete with a pet! Check out the eyeshadow on Mrs. Pumpkin. So creative!
Hannah's mom came to pick her up around 3:30pm. EL was very sad to see her play date come to an end. She was already asking when they could have another one. After she left and the kids were finished decorating their pumpkins we ventured to Old Navy and Target. We went back home and the kids jumped on the trampoline for a little while and we then decided to go to Chili's for dinner. Here is sweet, sweet Aidan giving all his love to Emma-Leigh.

After dinner we all went to visit Brett, Sarah & Riley. We didn't stay too long because it was kinda late and Kristi needed to get the boys home and in bed. We had a very fun-filled day!

Sunday I was lazy. Damion is still sick - coughing his head off, but that didn't stop him from getting up and going to work. He had a small plumbing job to finish up and was home just a couple hours later. I eventually got my lazy self up and went to Wild Wings for take out for us to eat while watching football. On my way back from Wild Wings, I dropped Madison & Holly off at the movies. When I got back, this is what I found -
Emma-Leigh was giving Damion a pedicure!
I picked the girls up from the movie at 5pm and at about 7pm Holly's mom came to pick her up. Emma-Leigh started working on her literature extension project and was able to get most of it done last night. Tonight she has to write the actual report.


Today Vickie will pick EL up from school and Madison up from Cheerleading practice. Since it is Columbus Day she is off work. I wish I was off work...Mondays are never fun.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures, glad you guys had a blast. Do you know yet when Hannah can return to school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I forgot to mention that. They go back to Ohio this coming Thursday but just for a couple days. She will return to school the following Tuesday - one week from tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, Damion getting a pedicure..that's a good daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for you to post...LOL Hannah looks happy and in good spirits. I am so glad they had such a good visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Emma got to have a lot of friend time over the weekend..it's good for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! I LOVE fall! I have tried to save your blog on my blogroll and it won't let me, wierd?? Thank you for your sweet and thoughtful comments Christie, they mean a LOT! xoxo

    ReplyDelete