No pictures today. So sorry. I'm just feeling the need to complain today. I am just really mad. Nothing has happened really. I'm just mad about my vitiligo. Really mad. There have been 2 new spots slowly developing on the way upper part of my left leg and they still aren't done. How can I tell? They take on a different shape when they are finished spreading and it looks like these are gonna actually join together and be one huge spot. My vitiligo is symmetrical. So whatever is on one side of my body will be on the other side however, the other side has not started to develop. Maybe it won't. Maybe it will. I look hideous in a bathing suit. Like I have leprosy or something. I just wonder why I have it. It is supposedly genetic. I know no one in my family that has it. I hope my girls don't get it. Everyone that knows me says it is hardly even noticeable. They're only trying to make me feel better. It is very noticeable. Especially in the summer. I think that is why I love fall and winter so much. My tan starts to fade and it all blends together. Plus the weather is cooler and you can wear sweaters and long-sleeved shirts. I am at the point in my life where I don't really care what people think but the truth is, it does bother me. Sure, I'm unique but one day I'm gonna look like Casper the Friendly Ghost and be the only one under an umbrella by the pool. Laying out in the sun has always been my favorite thing to do. Now I lather up all my spots with SPF 70 and just pray I don't get burned. Getting sunburned causes it to spread but where I burn may not be where it spreads. Crazy, huh? Every year it is something new. You would think after 18 years I'd be used to it by now but I'm not. I've had vitiligo more than half my life. Unbelievable. What got me to thinking about it was a picture Tiff took while we were at Carowinds. I'll post it now so you can see. (you can click on it to make it bigger)

Around my eyes and my chest...Okay so it doesn't look THAT bad. But you haven't seen me naked. It doesn't bother Damion at all. Probably because he never knew me without it. Anyway, it is out of my control. Things happen for a reason, right? that is what I always say...
On another note, Sarah was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced 2 days ago. Last night she lost her mucous plug (is that too much information, Sarah?). My point in saying this is Reagan may be on her way sooner than we thought!
I will have my neices and nephew beginning tomorrow afternoon. Brandon and Alejandra are going to the race Saturday night in Charlotte and the kids are going to stay with us. I know the girls (EL especially) will be thrilled to have someone to play with. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
OMG!!!!!!!! She lost her plug last night...why didn't she call me, Sarah...I'm gonna kick your butt!!! Looks like I might get to come visit this weekend??? Maybe??? AHHH!!!
ReplyDeleteSO, on the vitiligo..you are beautiful...and I actually like your V. It's pretty around your eyes...a natural eye lightener. Did you read the book I sent you...are you taking the vitamins? We can get you started on some more supplements that will help with all of your immune issues. It may not be reversible...but we can stop/slow it down!!!!!
We all get our time to complain and I am self conscious so I fully understand that but when I look at you I see this beautiful lady I am proud to call friend. You are beautiful inside and out!
ReplyDeleteOk, so it was this morning...not last night... and i didn't think everyone would want to hear about me losing my plug.. haha. Tiff, Would love for you to make it in town this weekend meet her though ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd about the vitiligo.... I know i would probably be the same way in your shoes, but from the outside looking in I really don't notice it and I don't think you could be any more beautiful without it.
You all are so sweet. Thank you!! Oh yeah sorry Sarah, this morning, not last night.Hope you can make it Tiff!
ReplyDeleteYou Are Beautiful! Bo was sitting by me whike I was on fb the other day and he said click on that picture...it was you. His words "shes really pretty, isnt she" ...even Bo says so...you are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOh Ashley, thank you. Bo is quite handsome himself!
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDelete