The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, October 18, 2010

Time to...idk, complain again?

Monday. Isn't that just enough? I'm tired. EL woke up from having a bad dream and a nose bleed at about 2:30 this morning (she has inherited my nose bleeds for no apparent reason gene). Needless to say, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even though we have a king size bed, it is just not big enough for all 3 of us. This weekend was pretty quiet. It was nice just hanging out at home with the girls. We started out by going to Apollo Flame with Cindy and Bayley Friday night. But before that, Cindy took Madison & Bayley to get pink hair extensions put in their hair for Breast Cancer Awareness. They love them!

Saturday Brandon brought Jennifer & Kaly over. He and Alejandra were going to the race Saturday night and asked if I would keep them. Of course! They had a lot of fun. Madison had been in her room all day watching a marathon of America's Next Top Model so later on she had the girls doing videos/commercials. It was very entertaining. They also did a runway show for me - complete with costume change! I went out and got pizza for dinner - Damion worked until about 8:30pm.

Sunday the girls were up early and outside before 9am. Well, Madison, Jennifer & Kaly were. Madison was still getting her beauty sleep. It was a very lazy day for us. Brandon picked the girls up around 2pm. Eventually we ended up going over to mom and dad's for dinner and Madison & EL got to ride/drive the golf cart around in the dark. Highlight of their day!

Damion wasn't supposed to work all day yesterday. He was only supposed to work until 3pm but then 3 turned into 6:30pm which then turned into 9:00pm. I was so disappointed. We didn't get to see him at all. I had been waiting on him to get home all day so I could go to the grocery store. The girls had no desire to go (and frankly I had no desire to take them) and since Damion pays for groceries I was kinda waiting around on him to get home so he could give me the $. When he called around 9pm and said he was on his way, I informed him that we were out of milk but that if it was okay with him I was just gonna wait until tomorrow to go to the store. Well, it wasn't okay with him. He said (in his anger) that he was just gonna have to stop at the store and get some himself. I was fine with that but when he walked in the door, he didn't have any. So off to Wal-Mart I went. Oh dear God I should not have gone to Wal-Mart after 9pm on a Sunday. It was the last place I wanted to be. I did pretty good though - got everything I needed and headed to check out. Now you guys know I HATE Wal-Mart with a passion but I'm pretty convinced that Ingles is robbing us blind so I endure the pain and go to Wal-Mart. So here I am looking for a check-out line. Out of the 53 lanes they have, 3 are open. Speedy checkout (20 items or less) is always open. So I go down to the far end thinking I'll have a better shot at a shorter line down there. Found a line (not short) so I'm waiting, kinda bored, have already checked my phone, Facebook, all that. Then I'm glancing around and see a lady behind me with one item. So I'm thinking - why in the world is she waiting in this line when 10 speedy checkout lines are open?- but nonetheless, I turn around and mind my own business. Now at this point, all my groceries are on the conveyor belt already. I'm just waiting for the lady in front of me (who has brought her own bags in) to get all her items packed up. Ok, done. Oh wait but now she has coupons. UGH! It is almost 10 o'clock by now. (No offense to the coupons, Ape. You know I admire you.) But the sad thing is, my checkout lady's scanner has died and she is having to enter in the coupons by hand. Double Ugh! But I'm patient. I may have started tapping my foot just a bit but no heavy sighing or anything until this lady behind me (this is where I should tell you that she is a very large lady of African American descent) asks me if she can jump in front of me real quick "I only have one item." I look at her like - are you freakin' kidding me? I have been waiting in this line FOR-EVER and you have ONE item! Why are you not in the speedy checkout???!? That is what I wanted to say. Instead, I looked at her and said "Sure." In the snobbiest way. I couldn't believe myself! I am not the girl that doesn't let a person who has one item in front of me. But really? Why was she in this line in the first place? I was SO SO SO irritated. Granted, it took 1 minute but that. was. not. the. point! Anyway, I made it out of there alive and with as many racial things that are going on in this world here lately, I guess I'm lucky.

Emma-Leigh will stay after school with Ms. Harter today to work on Math. She currently has a C and has to bring it up! I know she can do it.

Follow up to last week - Hannah will not be moving into EL's class tomorrow :*( she is very sad but understands. She is however being switched out of her original class into another one. I hope she likes it! EL can not wait for her return tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. I am not a Wal-Mart person either. 4 of 5 times I go I get so irritated before I can even manage to get in a parking spot for people walking in front of my car when they know there is a line of cars behind me and could easily move over 3 feet so they are not in harms way I find the quickest exit and drive an extra 5 miles down the road to the Food City. I have although discovered that if you go to Wal-Mart on Sat or Sun morning before 10am you are good to go! You can walk the entire store, room to move, park, quick lines....It is GREAT!

    Most Important to remember: Hannah is getting to come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Walmart too, but agree it is cheaper... I usually only get the things on sale at ingles that i need (especially meat). I wish we had an aldi close to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys, Walmart is the worst place in the world to shop. You know why prices are so low? Because they pay their employees horribly, and import most of their crap...unsafely I might add. Yes, it is convenient, and I do shop there maybe once a month...but buying from Ingles (being that it is locally owned especially) is helping your local economy and although may be priced a little higher, the quality is better and you are more likely to have gotten products that are helping out small business people than Thailand. Anyway...there are my 2cents on local shopping vs. WALMART crap!

    I'm sorry Damion worked so late, he should've at least picked up milk for you. Geez! You only took care of his kids and his bro's kids ALL freakin day! I'm mad...yes, I think this is ridiculous! But..whatever.

    I love you and you deserve a hug...so here is my virtual hug...and face lick.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. face lick? uh, no thanks! LoL Damion's perspective - he worked 14 hours yesterday. I probably should've gotten milk earlier in the day. Lesson learned I guess.

    ReplyDelete