Here she is being serenaded by the waitstaff. Happy Birthday Mom!!
And a happy picture of mom and Madison.
Sunday was a lazy day at our house. Ashley spent the night with Madison Saturday night and hung out pretty much all day Sunday. They even made a new friend, Pepper.

They fed Pepper water and then milk, although Madison thinks cats are lactose intolerate (I have no idea). The next morning, she/he/Pepper was outside waiting for us. Purring ever so loudly. I think she/he/Pepper may be lost. That's not enough for me though. She will not be finding a home at my house :)
Yesterday was pretty uneventful. EL went on a field trip to the fish hatchery and came home raving about fish jerky. So we went to Earth Fare for some. Actually doesn't taste like fish at all. Looks and tastes more like a slim jim. Madison and I were up pretty late working on Bayley's birthday present. I took a picture of it but it isn't a great one. I used to make collages all the time for my friends in high school. I'm not creative at all but I really love doing these! Such a great way to capture the memories - all in one place!

Cindy had early morning duty this morning which means she had to be at work at 7am so she brought Bayley to my house. I had birthday breakfast ready for her! Strawberry muffins, scrambled eggs and bacon!
Happy 13th Birthday Bayley! Hope you enjoyed your surprises!
Now time for frustrations....I know I complain. But I promise I do not complain as much as Hannah does. And if I even come close, I will stop. Here are just a few examples of what I deal with...
first thing in the morning "I don't feel too good today"
"my throat is kinda scratchy"
Hannah - "I smell banana" Me - "didn't you just eat a banana?" Hannah - "Yeah, and threw it away in this trash can. I guess that's why." Really?!?
"my stomach hurts"
"I don't have an appetite at all" 2 minutes later - "I could eat a big mac" Huh?
Hannah - "Dr. T is in an ill mood today, isn't he?" Me - "No, why?" Hannah - "He just seems to be."
Hannah - "Did you make a chart for...." Me - "Yeah, I put it in your box." Hannah - "You did? I didn't see it. Oh there it is."
and she asks me how to spell EVERYTHING
Okay that was mean and I promise I am not a mean person but I can not take much more!!
Great post! Our cat has never been able to digest milk, so maybe they are. If someone fed me and played with me, I would stick around too! I hear you on the complaining, I could go on and on. But, I try not to let that person get to me :)
ReplyDeleteLove my gift certificate to the Grove Park Inn, can't wait to use it! I agree with you about the cat, it has go to go!! (never have liked cats) Great that Madison could celebrat a birthday breakfast with her best friend! Maybe you should start complaining to Hannah...maybe she will stop!!! Just an idea!!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a great mom..one day your girls will look back and be so thankful to have you, they truly are blessed. ok, the pic frame...i believe i was one of your bestest friends growing up and don't believe i EVER got one of those...hhhmmm...but yes, great idea...tell hannah if she did half as much work as she done complaining, she might be half of an employee that you are...make that a quarter...
ReplyDelete