ok so after my heart settled back in my chest, Sarah (Riley, Reagan) and I went to pick Emma-Leigh up from school. She was excited! When leaving the airport, Dawn gave Riley some leftover cookies and strawberries with chocolate to take with her. This is what I saw once we got to the school...

the picture doesn't even really do it justice. But this little girl ate practically ALL the chocolate in less than 5 minutes. The most chocolate she has ever had at one time! But believe it or not, she was fine. We even stopped at the bank after that and she had another chocolate chip cookie! haha
Friday night, Damion didn't get home until late so EL and I went to Twisted Crepe for dinner with Brett, Sarah and the girls. As always, it was delicious! After that I took EL over to mom and dad's for the night. They were leaving early Saturday morning for Pinehurst.
Which brings us to my weekend :) it started at 3:30am Saturday morning...Muffin threw up on my down comforter. I got up, let both the dogs out and came back to bed. At 6am, they wanted to go back out again. I got up, took Maggie's crate to the living room and stepped in poop on the way. Guess Muffin had a belly ache - good thing it was only a little bit but STILL. If it's not the kids, it's the dogs! Damion left for work at about 7:30 and I started cleaning the house. I was done, laundry and all by 9:30am. Go me! So then I took a shower, went to get gas, ran by the bank, Starbucks and met Kim for a pedicure. It was Kailyn's bday party day and she had several little girls with her for a spa day. We had our pedicures, did a little shopping at the mall and I went home around 3pm. When I got home, I had a lovely surprise waiting for me. Damion was home! He said he had been home for about an hour and I was delighted :o) we just hung out together, watched some tv and later on went for dinner at Frankie Bones. It was lovely. We actually talked, didn't have any moments of silence or anything. We always joke about how when we go out without the kids, we need someone else to go with us, otherwise it is just boring. But we managed fine on our own this time. It was very enjoyable. Sunday morning we slept late, tried watching a movie we started the night before but our dvd player decided to stop working, then went for lunch at Papas & Beer :) we then went over to the Dillard's clearance store and did a little shopping. EL came home around 6:30, Madison around 8:30 (Dawn had to pick them up from Winston Salem because of the fog in Asheville). I was so happy for them both to be home. Madison was extremely tired and grumpy this morning. I didn't really hear anything about her weekend. . . she was just too tired. Hopefully tonight she will tell me all about it but I promise we are going to bed early!!
2 things....I'm glad you had a good weekend and everyone had safe trips....Damion needs another baby. :) Every time you guys get around those babies, there is always a picture, or in this case, video of Damion holding one of them.....<3 you :)
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is back safely. Had the same thing going on with Sunny except I was up on and off Saturday night. It sure was very nice having the guys off Saturday afternoon, glad you got some quality time :)
ReplyDeleteSO glad the girls are home safe. Also glad you got to enjoy your kid-free weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad everyone is safe and that you and Damion got to enjoy so relaxing time together!
ReplyDelete