The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Perfect Day

I've figured it out...my facebook status yesterday has my mind in overdrive. Here's what I think I want...

I've had several discussions with various people about whether or not I should go back to school. Many questions come up - will it be worth it? after I finish, will I make any more money with a degree than I do without one? The answer is - I don't know. I have been very lucky with jobs. Other than my first job at Ingles, at 15 years old and my job at Eckerd shortly after, I've pretty much walked in to every job I've had. My first real job was at Asheville Family Health - right after high school. I was going to AB Tech and my dad's cousin's wife - Cindy, had mentioned they needed a night time person at her office. I went in for the interview, got the job and worked as night person after my classes at AB Tech from 1pm until about 9pm. I loved that job - eventually a day position opened and I took it. I worked at all 3 offices - Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley. I enjoyed working there. Eventually after falling in love with Damion and getting pregnant - my doctor was Carole Saltzman at Biltmore OB-GYN. She decided, while I was her patient, that she would like me to work for her. So I went in to talk to Lisa, their office manager and was hired. I made lots of good friends there and still enjoy visiting with them from time to time. While working there I discovered that one of my doctors (Stacy Travis) had a husband who was starting his own practice. He was a psychiatrist. My mission in schooling was to become a child psychologist. Of course that didn't happen but when I found out he was a psychiatrist, I wanted all in. At first it started out part time - just 2 nights a week. That pretty much killed me though. I already had a full time job, was taking a class 2 nights a week and then began working the other 2 nights a week oh, AND I had a 1 1/2 year old. I enjoyed every minute of it though. I eventually convinced Dr T to let the girl go that he had working for him during the day. I couldn't figure out what she was doing for him all day long and he had no clue what to look for. So anyway, 5 months later, I'm working full time for him. Been here ever since! 11 years. I love it, I really do. I feel like I am good at what I do, I like being needed/depended on...but don't always feel that important. Doesn't really make sense, does it? okay so here is what I envision...me. In an office. With my own office. Walking around like I'm important. Professional clothes (hot professional clothes). High heels. Confident. you get the picture?

1 comment:

  1. Girl I am positive that you can do anything you set your mind to! I will be cheering you on in whatever you decide to do!!

    ReplyDelete