
Doesn't that just break your heart? Maggie and Muffin got into a fight over a bouncy ball. That happened on Tuesday. At the time, I didn't know he was injured. I dropped Madison off at home yesterday afternoon while Sarah and I went to get our nails done but then 2 minutes later she called me in hysterics, crying her eyes out because she couldn't see Muffin's eye. She thought his eyeball was gone. His eyeball is still there, it's just hard to see because of all the (dried) blood. Madison was so upset that she called Damion's mom to come over to help her. So they tried to clean it as best they could, which is extremely hard - he just won't sit still. When I got home, I tried to clean it and put some bactroban ointment on it using a Q-tip. I was able to get it on there, just not sure how effective it will be. He keeps using his paw to rub at it, which is making it worse. Damion had an idea of putting socks on his feet so if he did try to paw at it, it wouldn't be so bad...that didn't work. He had them off within minutes. I just got off the phone with the vet - they want $60 just to come in, $85 for anesthesia, and they're unsure how much the "surgery" would be. No can do. I asked if I could pay the $60, make payments on the rest if need be..she said no. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra $150+ to use on the dog. I feel like a cut will heal...it just may take longer. Hopefully this isn't the wrong decision.
Oh no Christie! So sorry for Muffin. And you. Tell EL I enjoyed seeing her today!
ReplyDelete