I struggle with balancing work and family. I know most working mom's do. I know my sister does anyway, she's what got me to thinking about this. So here's some things that would be different if I didn't have to work...
* I would have more patience
* dinner would be done at a reasonable hour, instead of 8pm at night
* I could go to the gym in the mornings, rather than after work
* I could do laundry during the day, while the kids are at school instead of at night
* I could catch up on my dvr during the day instead of trying to stay up late
* Saturdays would not be spent cleaning the house
* I would have time to read
* I could actually start on a project at home and finish it
* I would have less "me $" -----major con
* I could pick my girls up from school each day
* I could do homework with my girls
* I wouldn't be so exhausted when Damion comes home (well, I might still be tired but all my chores would already be done)
* I could hang out with my other friends who don't have to work
so that's just a few things. Let's face it, it's not like I'm killing myself here at work. I do love my job and all the people oops, I said all - okay not ALL but MOST of the people I work with. I'm not breaking the bank either but then we get into this whole other blog post about trade offs and how I could have gone to college, got a better paying job, instead of having Madison. Nope. Happy with my trade off. And anyway, with this economy the way it is, I guess I am pretty lucky I make what I do. Lucky to even have a job. There are many college degree people out there that are at home searching for a job on the internet. So I am blessed. But I am sad at the same time. I wish I could work part-time. That would be perfect. But my job isn't a part-time position and again, with the economy, Damion isn't building any massive houses right now to be able to support me financially. He says I'm too high maintenance. I used to be, not anymore. Another blog post. Anyway, I miss my kids and I'm tired and I'm blaming it on work today, so there.
:(
ReplyDeleteCheer up sweetie!!
ReplyDeleteI could of written this, we are on the same page today :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
I love your life. You're beautiful and so are your girls...that's just awesomeness right there!! But, I understand, I can only imagine how nice it would be to be a stay at home mom :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Oh and have I told you lately that the lame reason I don't come here often is because my blog won't save your blog URL to my blog roll...holy BLOG!! I don't understand whyyy?? It would be so nice if I could see that you've posted something new and pop on over!
ReplyDeleteI am with you 110% on this. I didn't finish college either...chose instead to have Bailey. And I wouldn't change it for the world....but I do daydream on a regular basis about being a stay at home mom. Maybe one day. :)
ReplyDelete