I never have trouble sleeping.
Ever. I go non-stop all day long and when my head hits the pillow, I'm out.
Not last night. I've got too much on my mind. Ya see, in just 4 days, I send my teenage daughter on an airplane with 3 of her dearest friends. You can imagine the thoughts that have run through my head. I won't list them here...you'll think I've absolutely gone insane. I may even scare myself. The point is, a part of me is selfish...the other part terrified. Selfish because as we all get older, the "firsts" seem to be few and far between. This will be her first time on an airplane. I want to see her face when she is up in the air, above the clouds for the first time. I know the girls will take lots of pictures. But I want to
be there. Isn't that ridiculous? She thinks I'm crazy. She just shakes her head and laughs. She just doesn't or won't know how I feel until she is old enough to feel the same way. She's gonna have a blast. It is Cameron's 13th birthday and it will be a weekend they will never forget. It's an honor really for Madison to even be invited. Cameron's grandfather has his own private plane and will be flying them to and from. I'm just nervous. And the whole terrified thing? let's not even go there. At the same time as Madison is flying the friendly skies, Emma-Leigh will be traveling to Pinehurst with mom and dad for Ayla's birthday. I am sure Damion will work on Saturday but it will be nice to spend a little time with him. We have talked about going to a movie - we will see!
I wanted to update you all on Muffin's eye. On Saturday Madison noticed that his fur was flapping around in front of his eye. So I picked him up and saw that he had rubbed his fur / dried blood all the way down his face. Hard to explain but here's a picture..

He has pulled the fur off, all around his eye. I cut the flappy part off with scissors :( He goes to the groomers on Wednesday. Let's hope they can clean him up and make him look a
LOT better.
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this journey! I too lay awake all night with the same thoughts and fears. You got to experience my daughters first cruise!! I did not let Bayley out of my sight this weekend...I miss her already:(
ReplyDeleteOh I hope that she has a wonderful time and you will be stressed until she is back home...you are not crazy, you are a MOM! A great one at that. El will have a blast and it will be great for you guys to have some adult time out! I am sure the groomer will get Muffin all cleaned up and the hair will grow back! :o)
ReplyDeletePoor puppy!!!
ReplyDelete