The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, March 26, 2010

A weekend without the girls....

At this very moment, Madison & Emma-Leigh are on their way to Pinehurst with mom, dad and Nana. They are going to visit Tiff and her family and to join Ayla in celebrating her 3rd birthday at Monkey Joe's. I have decided to stay behind and try to spend some time with Damion. Not sure how successful I will be...he will be working tomorrow but I am hoping to tag along and see some of his work. Hopefully tomorrow isn't a paperwork day and I can do as I've planned. I should tell you he doesn't know that I want to tag along - so it may not work! I am gonna bring a book, I'll promise not to be too distracting.

There are no plans for tonight and I haven't talked to Damion since this morning so I'm not sure if we will do anything or not. Knowing him, he will probably be too tired. That's okay. Tomorrow night we are going to Hickory Tavern for dinner. Shawn and April will be joining us. I have vowed to do no cleaning this weekend. I hope I can stick to it.

In the meantime, I have been doing lots of thinking about fasting. Pastor Bruce has encouraged us to fast beginning Sunday night until the following Saturday night. This does not have to be with food, although Jesus did fast for 40 days, there are other ways of fasting and bringing yourself closer to God. I haven't yet decided or been lead to do a certain kind of fast. Maybe it will come to me eventually.

I hope that Madison & Emma-Leigh have a FABULOUS time with Jaidyn and Ayla. They have looked forward to this weekend for many days. I am hoping to take the girls back to visit them on Easter Sunday, after Church and our traditional egg hunts. Of course, that depends on their plans as well. Tiff said they might go to the beach. So we will see! Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment