Because of the crazy weather in Buncombe County our school district has missed 11 school days. There is still more snow to come (according to the Farmers Almanac) and all the teacher work days and some holidays have been taken away. (Memorial Day being one of them, which we probably won't participate in.) So Saturday was the first day EVER of school. Bayley is staying at our house for 5 days because Cindy and Randy are in Vegas which was great motivation for Madison to get up and get ready. Emma-Leigh was MVP in her class and was able to share her favorite snack with her classmates and she was also ready to go! I had already decided to clean the house that morning and was actually pretty excited about it. The next scheduled Saturday school is March 27th - I promise I will not clean that day! :) Saturday school is like an early release day which means they get out at 12:25 and 1pm. The time flew by and before I realized it, it was time to go pick them up. I can honestly say I wasn't too excited about getting up early but I got over it.
We have been attending church at Biltmore Baptist for about 8 weeks now. Emma-Leigh is involved in AWANA's on Wednesday nights and is soaring! She loves it! Madison has lots of friends in the youth group there and is starting to come around. She told me this past Wednesday night that she gave her life to the Lord and will be getting baptised on April 14th. That was music to my ears! I am continually praying for Damion. He only gets 1 day off each week (Sunday) and sometimes even works that day but I am holding out hope that he will come around. It would mean so much to me if he were to start going with us.
We are in the middle of planning our summer vacation. This year we will go on a cruise to the Bahamas!! We are all very excited about this. Bayley has been invited and will cruise along with us. Madison couldn't be more happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment