"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Friday, March 20, 2009
It's friday!!
Fun day today! It didn't start out so great, considering the circumstances, that is. I went to the funeral home for Lori's dad's visitation. She was happy to see us (Aimee went too). Saw a few people from high school: katie & allison ward, stephanie lilly, mark miller, luke patton, kim mccarthy, kristie dunn, whitley adkins..i think that's it. We were there for an hour, went back to work - found out I had overtime - had to leave at 1pm. So when Jen got back from the actual funeral and burial, we met at my house and we all went to Papas & Beer for lunch (she had never been!). Her boyfriend, Wes, was with her so I got to meet him for the first time in 5 years. He was nice - I think they're gonna get married! :) After lunch, I showed them damion's spec house at Waightstill Mountain. They loved it. I tried to convince them to move to Asheville. I told Jen she could get a job at Mission (she's an RN). She didn't go for it, though. So after that, we came back to my house and they had to leave. They needed to go to the frugalbackper and then to Lori's mom's house. So I went and got the girls early from mom. Tomorrow we leave for Pinehurst - Damion will stay here and take care of the dogs and work on getting some invoices out. Not sure what is in store for us tonight - hopefully nothing! I need to get caught up on my shows from the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment