3/27/09
Last night we ventured to Cane Creek for the upcoming 6th graders open house and tour. Madison is very excited about being there next year and I felt better about the whole idea when we left. We were able to meet the teachers, visit the classrooms, get an idea about what electives she can participate in... right now she thinks she might do what I would call Foods & Nutrition, in fact, the teacher that taught me in Foods & Nutrition is actually the teacher there - Mrs. Hemphill! I was delighted. So she teaches them to cook, sew and how to do laundry. Fabulous! Right up Madison's alley. The other thing she really wants to do is musical theatre; which you can't just sign up for - you have to try out. I want her to take Spanish, we'll see what happens. Today was her "puberty meeting" at school. Not sure how that went. I'll be sure to ask her about that tonight. Emma-Leigh and Brody attended the open house with us last night. They were goofballs - stirring up trouble, running in the halls and bathing in the water fountains. After that, we went to Jersey Mikes for some dinner and then went home. It is another rainy day here and I am wishing & hoping for another one tomorrow. I want to do absolutely nothing this weekend. Watch movies, clean the house up a little bit - but I do not want to go anywhere or be on any kind of time schedule. Jennifer (Brandon & Alejandra's little girl) will be spending the night with Emma-Leigh Saturday night. She is looking forward to that so much. It should go over quite well. Not sure if we will do our usual Friday night dinner at Papas & Beer. Haven't heard from Damion much today and to be honest, it wouldn't hurt me one bit if we didn't go. I am just so tired!
my word!!! mrs. hemphill is STILL there??? i can't believe madison is going to be in the 6th grade, UNREAL! well, have fun at papa's and beer...i wanted to go, but the girl i'm going out with doesn't, BOO! have a great weekend...like the new layout :)
ReplyDeletepuberty class..that's funny...whatever happened to giving them a book like mom did for me and brett? did she give you the book??
ReplyDeleteThe only book I remember is "The Alabaster Bottle" was that it?
ReplyDelete