The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday~

Today is Wednesday. The sky is blue and the birds are singing. It is supposed to get up to 71' today. Let's hope it does! Lots of things to accomplish in the next few days and man, am I tired already! Tonight we will be going to church. Cindy, Ashley (Cindy's sister-in-law) and I have been taking a class on marriage. It is a women's only class and it is called Women Making a Difference in Marriage: Building Love, Joy & Committment. I am really into this study. I look forward to the time after the girls are in bed, to sit alone and read. I have learned a lot but I feel like if Damion were also involved it would be much more beneficial. Our instructor has told us not to let our husbands know we are doing it but that is a little hard in my house. He has seen me working on it and reading the Bible so he knows I'm up to something. I do struggle though. It feels like since he isn't involved, since this lesson is really about me changing and making a difference in my life that he should work on stuff too. It seems like everytime I try to apply my studies, that something will happen that will make it so very hard for me to follow thru. The instructor explained this also. She said that the devil will try everything in his power to discourage it. God is in the business of building marriages and the devil just tries to destroy them. It is so true! I love my husband very much but I am quick to smart off, don't EVER bite my tongue and sometimes I don't act very supportive of him. Our husbands need us to build them up, we all need to be built up daily. Love the one your with!

3 comments:

  1. Could of not said it better myself. It's very hard sometimes the way they work. Love you and think you do an amazing job with everything you juggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, as you become successful at it, he'll want in on it too. We lead by example. I'm proud of you. Wish you were coming this weekend, but hope you get some quality time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to take the class with you! :) We can all use a little guidance, the devil is hard at work trying to destroy all that God has built for us...love you girl!

    ReplyDelete