The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, May 6, 2010

1 day closer to Friday!

Another song from Madison's ipod...enjoy!

The last session of marriage class was last night. It was a bit uncomfortable at times. The topic was divorce. When is it okay with God to get a divorce? There's a scripture in the Bible, I don't have it with me or I'd post it, but somewhere it basically says not to divorce unless adultery has been committed. It doesn't say you HAVE to or should but says it is okay if that particular sin has been committed. There were several different opinions amongst the group. I kept my mouth shut. You all know I am not good at keeping my mouth shut. Not for anything. But this time I managed to keep my mouth shut. I was embarassed, ashamed but also proud for making it out alive. Most of the girls in the group said there would be no way they could stay in their marriage if their husbands had cheated. I would probably have said the same thing. Even now, I don't want my man to be with someone else. I don't know that I would leave him though, especially since he has stayed with me. Damion and I have talked about this before. He said he would never put me thru what I have put him thru. But ocassionally, when he gets mad or is extremely tired, he'll say something else to make me think he isn't completely opposed to it. I know he won't. That man of mine is something else. I can not believe that I ever took him for granted. So needless to say, I was a little on edge for a few minutes during the discussion last night. I have nothing to hide. I am not proud of what I did. I would take it all back in a heartbeat. But sometimes God uses the bad stuff and turns it around for the better. Lemons for lemonade, right? Maybe somewhere down the line I can encourage someone else to NOT do what I did, to help them see that they should be blessed with what they have, not to throw it all away just because they think someone else can give them what they think they aren't getting already. It's a tough topic. I can say I will never do it again. Never even think of doing it again. Once a cheater, always a cheater? Nope! Not true.

I had lunch with Sterling & Banks on Tuesday. I hadn't seen Sterling since her high school graduation so it was a lot of fun catching up with her. 1 hour wasn't nearly enough time to hang out though so maybe next time it can be longer. Here is a picture!

aren't they cute?


This is a picture I took of Riley a few days ago. She is concentrating on the ladybug that is crawling up her arm. <3 that little girl!


This is me showing off my new Lia Sophia necklace that I got off ebay for....you ready? 0.99. That's right folks, 99 cents! Shipping was $7.99 but isn't that a great deal? Now don't go and get on ebay. I'm warning you!! It's addicting!

Going to see "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" tonight at Cane Creek. EL and I are looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you handled class well, despite a little discomfort. Good pic of Sterling & Banks, that looks like Panera...YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete