The weekend went by so fast. Time is my biggest enemy.
Friday night we had Emma-Leigh's soccer practice and then had Jersey Mike's for dinner.
Saturday EL had a soccer game at 10am and then after that I took the girls to the mall to get their hair cut. We had lunch together at Chick-fil-a, bought lots of smelly lotions and candles at Bath & Body works and went to Victoria's Secret for more lotion and a new sweatshirt for Madison. EL got stuff at Bath & Body and lipstick at Victoria's Secret. I splurged a little bit this weekend but it was their reward for doing so well on their report card...good reason, right?
Madison mainly had a trim..
EL had about 5 inches cut off. She loves her short hair!
After that we went home and started cleaning. Madison showed me how much she appreciated her gifts by dusting and vaccuuming her own room. I love it when she does stuff like that!
Emma played dress up...here she is being quite seductive...
When I finished cleaning, the 3 of us went to Nachos & Beer and met Kim for her birthday dinner. We had a lot of fun! I am so glad we went.
Kailyn spent the night with us Friday night and she and Madison had a good time bonding. It was the first night they had ever done that. Kinda neat, Madison is in 6th grade and Kailyn in 5th, Kim and I were in 6th when we met.
Sunday we were off to Fun Depot for Brody's bday. The girls had lots of fun playing there..Emma-Leigh even scored a hole in one on the putt-putt course! yay EL!
After the party, we (and Damion) went to Outback for dinner. Cindy, Randy & the kids came too. It was oh so good! The best part was when 2 elderly ladies that were sitting beside us got up and complimented our kids. They said it was a pleasure sitting next to them. We couldn't have been more happy! I was grinning from ear to ear. We don't get that very often and it felt good to hear it:)
I should talk about the convo my sister and I had on Saturday. She sent me a message saying she thought she was at the age now where she wanted her big sister. I think I shed a tear when I read it. Of course I responded with my sarcastic, "it's about time". We have our moments but it's when you get older that you realize your family is always gonna be around, no matter what. I hope we are able to spend more quality time together soon. I am looking forward to it, I really am.
So now it's Monday. Back into the routine. Madison has stage crew all this week. I think I am going to go to the gym tonight. . . I do have to take her dinner to school when I get off so it will be later than normal. I really need to go.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete